Aviva Interview Questions in Norwich, England | Glassdoor

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Thorough, but fair. Given chance to shine rather than being tricked/undermined. Strong competition at assessment centre. Around 600 applicants overall for 5 jobs so quite competitive! Similar process to most grad schemes; submit cv/application, pyschometric tests, phone interview, assessment centre. Tests were easier than some other schemes, although I am comparing them to finance/banking ones. Assessment day was a full day in Norwich (although has been London/York in the past), and had group exercise, presentation, interview, networking.

Interview Questions

• Examples of when you have demonstrated the Aviva values   Answer Question

Pricing and Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email nearly a month later asking to come to an interview on specified date. That was the only part of the interviewing process. The face to face interview in Norwich was conducted well and lasted about 2 hours. First half was normal interview questions about their goals and values and the second half was a series of problem solving and maths questions that were quite hard but doable.

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Very formal but relaxed at the same time. The lady interviewing was very professional and explained the day to day duties very well. I would be placed in credit contol chasing customers for payment from the various divisions within Aviva.

Interview Questions

• What are your aspirations in 5 years time?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Had interview on the phone and in person after being contacted by a recruiter. Unfortunately Aviva cannot be bothered to get back to me to me or the recruiter to say "yes" or "no". It seems from some of the other candidates for technical roles they have issues telling people whether they want them or not after wasting their time interviewing them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for a role as a business analyst based in Sheffield. I had an initial telephone interview which went well, and was invited to a face to face interview. The only downside was that the face to face interview was in Norwich, 3 hours away, with no offer of a Skype interview, and no consideration whatsoever for those with caring, childcare etc responsibilities, or disabilities.

As I was unemployed, and as they said they wouldn't pay travel expenses, I spent 24 hours and more meetings, negotiating with the jobcentre for a £78.50 return ticket to Norwich. I booked the cheapest advance tickets, on fixed trains, as a requirement of jobcentre conditions. Aviva then cancelled me the day before, and told me the interview would take place on another date. I then had to phone the jobcentre back and explain what had happened, take my tickets to my railway station and pay a further £10 to get them amended, only for Aviva to then tell me the role was put on hold.

No offer to reimburse any expenses was made, and the jobcentre have now told me I have reached my threshold for travel costs, and won't pay anymore, thus costing me interviews with more diversity friendly and ethical employers.

I am an actually an Aviva customer and based on this experience, am instructing my financial adviser to remove my products held with them. Utter disgrace. Despite the job being put on hold, nobody has contacted me in the 6-7 weeks since with any updates. Aviva have also wasted public money.

Actuarial Placement (Norwich) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

had 2 interviews:
    1 telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, they said it was going to be competency based but in fact it was pretty technical, and ask questions regarding regulation and how policies are prices, how a profit is made and what are the key risks.

2nd was a strength based interview, about 20-25 questions ranging in complexity, it is important to think openly as these are not competency questions, questions include:
    - how do you develop an idea?
    -how do you turn an idea into a proposal

Interview Questions

• how do you convince your friends to attend the restuarant of your choice?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in November 2008.

Interview

Competency based interviews with lots of questions on your competenties like
    1. Ability to work with others
    2. Going beyond call of duty.
    3. Adaptability

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had to work with an external team to complete a job/project.   Answer Question
    • Explain when you had to take decision that you were not authorised to take. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much scope in my case as they have a salary band which does not go much beyond what i was earning, infact it was lower. I went for it despite a cut in pay because of its blue chip status.
    Negotiate if you can.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Long meeting with other candidates some tests included. I would not bother to apply with them again as I thought that I could do the job with a hand tied on my back. They did not even bother to contact me after I wasted two hours in their building!

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The team leader collected myself from reception and took my upstairs to where the claims handler team was located. I was told to sit in on a couple of calls to hear what it was like and i assume pick up on details that they would later ask in the formal interview. After 15 minutes of listening in i was collected again and taken to a room for the formal part of the interview. The interview was rather brief, they fired off 5 or 6 competency questions and concluded with why i want to work in the claims department. The interview itself lasted around 10 minute to which after i was sent to reception to pick up my documents and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• What did you pick up from listening in on the calls?   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly 4 weeks, applied online, went to Norwich office to shadow a handler an had an interview with a claims handler and a manager. Pretty efficient process (was quite impressed with the process compared with other companies!), standard competency interview, really relaxed interview, everyone really friendly. Especially during the shadowing the lady was super friendly and happy to answer my questions even though she was working.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? weaknesses?
      why Aviva?
      What is/why claims handling?
      General CV/competency based questions...   Answer Question