Aviva Interview Questions in Norwich, England | Glassdoor

Aviva Interview Questions in Norwich, England

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The team leader collected myself from reception and took my upstairs to where the claims handler team was located. I was told to sit in on a couple of calls to hear what it was like and i assume pick up on details that they would later ask in the formal interview. After 15 minutes of listening in i was collected again and taken to a room for the formal part of the interview. The interview was rather brief, they fired off 5 or 6 competency questions and concluded with why i want to work in the claims department. The interview itself lasted around 10 minute to which after i was sent to reception to pick up my documents and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• What did you pick up from listening in on the calls?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Had interview on the phone and in person after being contacted by a recruiter. Unfortunately Aviva cannot be bothered to get back to me to me or the recruiter to say "yes" or "no". It seems from some of the other candidates for technical roles they have issues telling people whether they want them or not after wasting their time interviewing them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly 4 weeks, applied online, went to Norwich office to shadow a handler an had an interview with a claims handler and a manager. Pretty efficient process (was quite impressed with the process compared with other companies!), standard competency interview, really relaxed interview, everyone really friendly. Especially during the shadowing the lady was super friendly and happy to answer my questions even though she was working.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? weaknesses?
      why Aviva?
      What is/why claims handling?
      General CV/competency based questions...
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for a role as a business analyst based in Sheffield. I had an initial telephone interview which went well, and was invited to a face to face interview. The only downside was that the face to face interview was in Norwich, 3 hours away, with no offer of a Skype interview, and no consideration whatsoever for those with caring, childcare etc responsibilities, or disabilities.

As I was unemployed, and as they said they wouldn't pay travel expenses, I spent 24 hours and more meetings, negotiating with the jobcentre for a £78.50 return ticket to Norwich. I booked the cheapest advance tickets, on fixed trains, as a requirement of jobcentre conditions. Aviva then cancelled me the day before, and told me the interview would take place on another date. I then had to phone the jobcentre back and explain what had happened, take my tickets to my railway station and pay a further £10 to get them amended, only for Aviva to then tell me the role was put on hold.

No offer to reimburse any expenses was made, and the jobcentre have now told me I have reached my threshold for travel costs, and won't pay anymore, thus costing me interviews with more diversity friendly and ethical employers.

I am an actually an Aviva customer and based on this experience, am instructing my financial adviser to remove my products held with them. Utter disgrace. Despite the job being put on hold, nobody has contacted me in the 6-7 weeks since with any updates. Aviva have also wasted public money.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

A very professional recruitment agency had my interview scheduled in less than a week after applying.
    Unfortunately, AVIVA's recruitment seems to me unfit for purpose!
    As a contractor I usually deal with hiring managers having at least a good understanding of my field of activity - Agile/Scrum Iterative Software Development. Not on this occasion, unfortunately!
    While I was talking about principles and reasoning the interviewers were being stuck at formal levels talking about 'ceremonies': in Scrum ceremonies are just that - ceremonies - and at maturity a Scrum team can well skip them. Worst, one did interrupt me while explaining a vital concept of Scrum: incorporating in software development feedback from end client.
    At this point we agreed we are on 'different wave lengths' and we ended the call!

Advice: next time you interview a specialist in a certain field please take some time to learn and understand at least the basics of that particular field of activity! General questions usually can have multiple correct answers and you are doing no service to your employer by asking questions about things unfamiliar to yourselves ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy, observing a current post holder and then that person and one other in 35/45 minute informal interview. Note though not to question why the post holder is performing in a particular (and possibly unprofessional way) as that person will be involved in the decision to hire or not!

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging, more about 'are you a nice person or not',   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Group work, individual interview, individual case study and presentation. Overall everyone was very friendly and approachable, lunch was provided. Process was spread over most of the day. presentation to senior managers was ok, 40mins to prepare a 5-10min presentation on the case study provided. Be prepared for at least one question where you have to calculate in your head.

Interview Questions

• the usual, plus a few to see how your thought processes work   1 Answer

Insurance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Thorough, but fair. Given chance to shine rather than being tricked/undermined. Strong competition at assessment centre. Around 600 applicants overall for 5 jobs so quite competitive! Similar process to most grad schemes; submit cv/application, pyschometric tests, phone interview, assessment centre. Tests were easier than some other schemes, although I am comparing them to finance/banking ones. Assessment day was a full day in Norwich (although has been London/York in the past), and had group exercise, presentation, interview, networking.

Interview Questions

• Examples of when you have demonstrated the Aviva values   Answer Question

Actuarial Placement (Norwich) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

had 2 interviews:
    1 telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, they said it was going to be competency based but in fact it was pretty technical, and ask questions regarding regulation and how policies are prices, how a profit is made and what are the key risks.

2nd was a strength based interview, about 20-25 questions ranging in complexity, it is important to think openly as these are not competency questions, questions include:
    - how do you develop an idea?
    -how do you turn an idea into a proposal

Interview Questions

• how do you convince your friends to attend the restuarant of your choice?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in November 2008.

Interview

Competency based interviews with lots of questions on your competenties like
    1. Ability to work with others
    2. Going beyond call of duty.
    3. Adaptability

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had to work with an external team to complete a job/project.   Answer Question
    • Explain when you had to take decision that you were not authorised to take. What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much scope in my case as they have a salary band which does not go much beyond what i was earning, infact it was lower. I went for it despite a cut in pay because of its blue chip status.
    Negotiate if you can.