Aviva Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.7

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Aviva Graduate Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

- Online test
    - Video interview
    There are three practice questions: Why did you choose Aviva, How would your skills fits this role. forgot what was the last one. Following by 10 interview questions. You will have 30 seconds to prepare and video recording starts.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver a complex data and idea to your colleagues   1 Answer

GPP Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Sheffield, England (UK)).

Interview

This company tends to high temp to perm, so initial application through the companies website but first interview and registration with agency. After which group interview at Aviva which includes a tour, and some activities. They were lovely and it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Conversational, more getting to know you as a person and how you would fit in the teams   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

2 Stage interview. 1st stage was a telephone call with the hiring manager. 2nd stage was face to face with the hiring manager, another manager and 2 stakeholders. Questions asked by managers were competency based against a general AVIVA interview framework.

Was told I'd hear back from HR within a few days - nothing. Chased up the following week and was told a decision would be made the week after. This went on every week for another 8 weeks or so until I was finally told another candidate was given the role. Quite disappointing as it felt like they were messing me around. Very poor recruitment practice.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with managing differing goals between your stakeholders and procurement management?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Long meeting with other candidates some tests included. I would not bother to apply with them again as I thought that I could do the job with a hand tied on my back. They did not even bother to contact me after I wasted two hours in their building!

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone/In person - lots of competency type questions but the questions were just barked at you and responses were not really listened to. Got no understanding of the role, department etc.

CLAIMS ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (York, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying via the careers website I was offered the opportunity to come in for a 3 hour group session with the other applicants. This consisted of a short presentation from one of the managers and a group exercise, followed by an interview.

As far as competency based interviews go, this was very informal and relaxed. Rather than facing each other over a board-room table, the interview itself was conducted on sofas around a coffee table in the atrium.

As a returning employee, I did not need to answer too many questions on Aviva as a company. A lot was focused on what had driven me to want to return, and how that can fit into the customer service that they want to provide.

Interview Questions

• Obviously redundancy can be hard for us and equally hard for you. What made you want to return to Aviva?   1 Answer

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

2 day assessment centre with other students and graduates. Included maths, verbal reasoning and 'fast track' tests, as well as group discussion and interview. Interview was competency based i.e. "Describe a time you..." centred around Aviva's values.

Interview Questions

• Current issues facing industry   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Sheffield, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first placed onto a two-week, group training course in preparation for the guaranteed interview - during the course, we learnt about Aviva values, listened to example calls and filled in workbooks and completed team exercises, two members of staff also came and answered any questions we had about the role.
    On the day of the interview, I was shown around department, had a practise call, and a two-on-one interview - I was informed that I would be told of their decision on the evening of the following day/the next morning. I still had not heard back by three days, and had to email my interviewer to find out what their decision was, I had had no missed calls or voicemessages, despite my interviewer saying their colleague had tried to contact me.

The training was brilliant, the interview was as to be expected and quite friendly.
    After the interview, very poor: was not called to be given a decision when I was told I would be, particularly disheartening knowing that this is a contact centre - where calling people back when you say you will is paramount, totally brought my application experience down, and any positivity instilled about the company in their two-week, pre-interview company propaganda course has been deflated.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you have changed a process that made things for the better.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aviva (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Preset questions relating to specific process and terminology used by the company. Technical written test and role play was used to test customer service and negotiation skills as well as a section on insurance principles

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will fit the culture in aviva   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The team leader collected myself from reception and took my upstairs to where the claims handler team was located. I was told to sit in on a couple of calls to hear what it was like and i assume pick up on details that they would later ask in the formal interview. After 15 minutes of listening in i was collected again and taken to a room for the formal part of the interview. The interview was rather brief, they fired off 5 or 6 competency questions and concluded with why i want to work in the claims department. The interview itself lasted around 10 minute to which after i was sent to reception to pick up my documents and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• What did you pick up from listening in on the calls?   1 Answer