Aviva Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Aviva Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

2 day assessment centre with other students and graduates. Included maths, verbal reasoning and 'fast track' tests, as well as group discussion and interview. Interview was competency based i.e. "Describe a time you..." centred around Aviva's values.

Interview Questions

• Current issues facing industry   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Sheffield, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first placed onto a two-week, group training course in preparation for the guaranteed interview - during the course, we learnt about Aviva values, listened to example calls and filled in workbooks and completed team exercises, two members of staff also came and answered any questions we had about the role.
    On the day of the interview, I was shown around department, had a practise call, and a two-on-one interview - I was informed that I would be told of their decision on the evening of the following day/the next morning. I still had not heard back by three days, and had to email my interviewer to find out what their decision was, I had had no missed calls or voicemessages, despite my interviewer saying their colleague had tried to contact me.

The training was brilliant, the interview was as to be expected and quite friendly.
    After the interview, very poor: was not called to be given a decision when I was told I would be, particularly disheartening knowing that this is a contact centre - where calling people back when you say you will is paramount, totally brought my application experience down, and any positivity instilled about the company in their two-week, pre-interview company propaganda course has been deflated.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you have changed a process that made things for the better.   Answer Question

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The team leader collected myself from reception and took my upstairs to where the claims handler team was located. I was told to sit in on a couple of calls to hear what it was like and i assume pick up on details that they would later ask in the formal interview. After 15 minutes of listening in i was collected again and taken to a room for the formal part of the interview. The interview was rather brief, they fired off 5 or 6 competency questions and concluded with why i want to work in the claims department. The interview itself lasted around 10 minute to which after i was sent to reception to pick up my documents and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• What did you pick up from listening in on the calls?   1 Answer

Global Graduate Leadership Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aviva in December 2016.

Interview

Initial screening phases were simple i.e. CV screening and your general online tests to evaluate your fit with the company. It was a very quick turnaround and I got to the interview in only a matter of days. The video interview was strength-based and not competency and quite different to anything I had experienced so far. There were 10 questions and the questions themselves were not difficult, but it is a shame that they cannot provide feedback at this stage.

Global Graduate Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

- Online form
    - Aptitude tests (critical reasoning and situational judgement)
    - Video Interview
    - Assessment center etc
    I only got to the video interview stage but the whole process is pretty clearly stated on their website.
    The interview process is quite usual for this kind of scheme and company but it is always a bit daunting to talk alone in front of a computer with a timer so I would definitely recommend to prepare basic answers and pre time them for questions like why do you want to work for Aviva? Surprising fact about yourself?/Hobbies? etc just so that you are not caught off guard.
    Also, the feedback takes quite a long time to arrive (almost a month to get a generic "thank you for...unfortunately due to the large amount of applicants...." kind of answer).

PA to Human Resources Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

1 hour with two members of the team. Typical interview process: question and answer. You'll find no difficulty in the interview process if you've done your research and can back up your skills with examples from your previous job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example in your job where you were uncertain/ambiguous?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Had interview on the phone and in person after being contacted by a recruiter. Unfortunately Aviva cannot be bothered to get back to me to me or the recruiter to say "yes" or "no". It seems from some of the other candidates for technical roles they have issues telling people whether they want them or not after wasting their time interviewing them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva.

Interview

Interview was a one day process. Started with a short psychometric test to confirm your online results, followed by a typical group assessment which lasted 45 minutes, and ended with an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency based questions - leadership, teamwork.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

A very professional recruitment agency had my interview scheduled in less than a week after applying.
    Unfortunately, AVIVA's recruitment seems to me unfit for purpose!
    As a contractor I usually deal with hiring managers having at least a good understanding of my field of activity - Agile/Scrum Iterative Software Development. Not on this occasion, unfortunately!
    While I was talking about principles and reasoning the interviewers were being stuck at formal levels talking about 'ceremonies': in Scrum ceremonies are just that - ceremonies - and at maturity a Scrum team can well skip them. Worst, one did interrupt me while explaining a vital concept of Scrum: incorporating in software development feedback from end client.
    At this point we agreed we are on 'different wave lengths' and we ended the call!

Advice: next time you interview a specialist in a certain field please take some time to learn and understand at least the basics of that particular field of activity! General questions usually can have multiple correct answers and you are doing no service to your employer by asking questions about things unfamiliar to yourselves ...

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

One interview, including a presentation for the website, as per the health insurance process. Very relaxed, but disorganised, they had no options to load up the presentation onto a large screen so had to talk them through the process via a laptop, also had no visible vpn system. Otherwise a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you exhibit the compeny ethos, via its core values (available on the website).   Answer Question