Avnet Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

One week after I applied online, I received an email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview about half a hour. HR is really nice. Phone interview followed by a one to one onsite interview. Hiring manager is nice too.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then a panel interview followed by one on one.
    Many questions, not much feed back about the company. Uninterested interviewers. Seemed like I was a nuisance. Process was drawn out, with no water.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from application to offer took about 5 weeks with consistent communication from my recruiter. 1 phone screening with the recruiter, in person interview with 3 separate people (Hiring manager, 2 team members), then a final interview with the VP. Interviews were very conversational and consisted with behavioral questions. Got a call from my recruiter after 2 days with the offer. It was a quick and pleasant process overall. I really appreciate the communication and status updates every week. The hiring manager even called me the Friday before I started my new role to touch base- that was a nice touch!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. I was referred by a friend and got in contact via email. I then received a phone call and had a screening process. Later, I met with my manager one on one and had an interview at the Phoenix location.

Interview Questions

• experience of past internships
      how you handled a tough situation
      what do you do if a teammate does not want to contribute
      Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avnet (Chandler, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Given a call to Prologistix which is the Temp Service to get into Avnet as a Temp. Was asked questions about my skills and then given an interview for the next day. During the interview I had no choice of schedule. After the interview I had to complete a quick test via on a computer. Lastly, I had to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you built a computer before?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any certifications or degrees?   1 Answer
    • How long ago have you built your computer?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with a representative from Avnet during a college recruiting fair. She was very friendly and took the time to get to know me. I gave her my resume and she emailed me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was standard. From there, I received an invitation to schedule a second in-person interview. This interview was with two employees and was also pretty standard. It was comfortable and easy to talk to them. I received a phone call a few days later that they wanted to extend an offer which I accepted formally via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you are stuck on something you can't figure out? Do you ask for help or try to figure it out on your own?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Chandler, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with the HR recuiter by phone. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, a group interview was scheduled with the hiring manager & team members.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult project and how you addressed the issues?
      Describe the project life cycle and key milestones?
      Describe a situation where you had to use negotiation to get what you needed?
      What is the best project you have worked on and why?
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my certifications and all that, and met with the staffing company. They knew absolutely nothing about what kind of work was being done. However, I was able to interview with an Engineering supervisor. He walked me through the facility and explained what they did and asked me some questions about my knowledge.

Human Resources Support III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first which took about 30 minutes, then I was invited in for a face to face which took about an hour of behavior based questions with then about a 45 minute tour. The team was really nice and I was able to speak with the employee who I was replacing, which gave me a better sense of my day to day responsibilities.

Supplier Business Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avnet (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process was excellent, quick and painless. The manager was very personable and made sure you knew what you were talking about the entire time. THe manager also measured your atpitude to do the job. He made sure that you did not think close minded and that you asked upon ended questions. The manager wanted to make sure you understood what you were doing and why you were doing it.

Interview Questions

• What is your strategy for growing new business in the Partner Community.   1 Answer