Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview, nothing very stressful. I met with another District Manager who liked my personality and had told me there was a temporary position available. She gave me a brief "interview" and called her manager to set us up to meet and continue with a formal application and interview.

Interview Questions

• How well can you handle multiple associates under you in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avon Products

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Avon Products in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an email and telephone call to set up a date for the interview. Interview was via telephone with a Recruiter. She was very affable and started out with "getting to know me" questions. I was asked approximately 10 questions. I received an email within 4/5 days letting me know the results.

Interview Questions

• How difficult will it be to move from self employment to being an employee.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes anywhere from 4-9 months. It is a very slow and inefficient process. There are about 4 phone interviews, 3 in-person interviews and a shadow day (possibly 2).

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Newark, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Bogus! Role playing! Asked questions that you see was never part of what a DSM role does! Most executives and HR personnel have no clue what DSMs go through and give you bogus questions!

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process - really had to sell yourself for this position and they put you through many hoops. Phone interview, face-to face, then a day in the field with another DM. Then I had to go to a group meeting where we all had to compete in tasks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer lower than we originally discussed, I then countered and we settled somewhere in the middle.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avon Products (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Over the phone I spoke to a recruiter who had the Avon account. He put me in touch with the Divisional Manager for my area and I met with him one time and was hired within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i had to negotiate salary a bit. My recruiter was a big help.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2012.

Interview

Fui localizado pelo HH via Linkedin que iniciou todo o processo.
    Entrevista via skype, rápida e assertiva, tanto com o RH quanto com o gestor da vaga. Processo rápido de contratação.
    Entrevista também com a VP de vendas, muito bacana, objetiva e muito sincera quanto ao momento do negócio e os desafios a serem enfrentados.

Interview Questions

• Experiência, realizações, como faz a gestão remota de grandes e times e afins.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rápida e objetiva.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted application by fax. Phone interview with DVM, then a call with her Regional, test online, went on a drive along for an entire week with a DSM. Roll play test over phone then phone interview with head of sales,. I was told 1-2 weeks for background check and drug test results. Process took about another month.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the business that will impact it in a good way?
      What has been the worst thing happen to you at work?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

It was ok.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recommended for the job and told I would have a phone interview first. I had a phone interview which lasted about a half an hour which Incorporated questions about myself and about how I would handle certain situations. I then was told I would have another phone interview by somebody in a higher position, which I did a few days later. I later had a day out in the field with an established district sales manager to see if I would like it. I had one more phone interview after that and then was offered the job. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about myself, my former positions, and how I would handle certain situations that they gave me.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, a face to face, and a ride along. It was a long process, but worth it. Wonderful company with wonderful people. I had a good time with the ride along and everyone made me comfortable and were very upfront about the position.

Interview Questions

• All about sales and leadership   1 Answer