Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview, nothing very stressful. I met with another District Manager who liked my personality and had told me there was a temporary position available. She gave me a brief "interview" and called her manager to set us up to meet and continue with a formal application and interview.

Interview Questions

• How well can you handle multiple associates under you in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus, was then given a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter did not ask me anything except one question and then proceeded to compliment me and my skill set. I felt very happy after the interview but never heard back from the company.

I then followed up and was told that all candidates moving on would be reached out to. It has been a couple of months and I haven't heard back. Overall, the recruiter was kind and flexible, but I really wish that I was not given a false hope of moving onto the next stage.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was a very intense interview process. The one thing I would do differently is ask the candidate where they want to work, not vague questions on the type of people they like to deal with

Interview Questions

• What type of person do you prefer to work with? Rural or City?   1 Answer

Senior Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone interview with HR rep on February 7. I was called by HR and told that they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited several days and never heard back. I emailed them and was told the manager was traveling. I waited a week, no reply. I emailed them again, no response. I waited and ended up emailing HR several, none of which were replied to. Finally, a recruiter called me stating the hiring manager was too busy and they would be bringing on a new person and I should wait a bit and the interview would be scheduled. I waited 10 days and never heard back. I emailed HR again, they never replied. I then received a boilerplate email a few days later saying "thanks, but we are not moving forward with your application."

Unenthical. Unprofessional.

If you get an interview with Avon, run away as fast as you can

Avon Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

I met with the DM at McDonalds to chat. See interview questions for more information. It was a quick visit, she may have given me some materials - it was so long ago that I barely remember. She wasn't pushy or anything - as in- you must sign up and do this - kind of thing.

Interview Questions

• What are my dreams and ambitions for Avon? Is this going to be your full-time job? Do you want to be a team leader? How much money do you want to make a month?... It wasn't up to her if I sold Avon or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I paid the $10 fee for the starter kit and got started.

Global Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Westwood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with the HR screening person and then one with the hiring manager. The HR person was offsite, she was in Boston and the job was in NY.

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Status Quo. I had an initial interview with HR. I then had a divisional manager interview me. After that I had another Divisional interview. I then had a final interview with the original Divisional and we covered a few situational questions and then discussed the actual territory I was interviewing for and what skills I could utilize to grow this area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Direct Sales experience? Have you managed people before? Are you comfortable in a remote capacity position? Tell us a time when you had to get an employee to do something they did not want to do, describe coaching process...Outline the steps you would use to grow your representative count   Answer Question

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy to follow .First you need to speak with HR person over the phone . After that you are receiving a test online but it very simple . After you passed the test you are going to 1 h phone conversation with Division and Regional manager . The last part is face to face .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Super quick. Got a call from a recruiter. Set up an interview for that week and met with 4 people in one day. Had an offer within a week.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen to talk about salary and employment basics, such as whether or not I needed sponsorship. (On the salary question, they quoted a fairly low salary). Then, another person organized an onsite interview with a few people.

The person who set up the interview did not mention that the office attire is dress pants and button-up shirts, so I was underdressed.

Interview Questions

• Something like, what are your best assets? What are you looking for?   1 Answer