Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

The process was very straight forward (took +- 4 weeks): 1 phone screening + 2-3 phone interviews + 5 in-person interview. Everyone was super friendly.
    At the end, it was a bit frustrating because they closed the process hiring no one.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products in May 2017.

Interview

Was first emailed by someone in HR and went through a phone screen. After that, they invited me to interview at their NY offices. Very quick and straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions like walk me through your resume. Also asked what I would do if I won a million dollars. Also asked how I worked with "strong personalities".   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview, nothing very stressful. I met with another District Manager who liked my personality and had told me there was a temporary position available. She gave me a brief "interview" and called her manager to set us up to meet and continue with a formal application and interview.

Interview Questions

• How well can you handle multiple associates under you in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus, was then given a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter did not ask me anything except one question and then proceeded to compliment me and my skill set. I felt very happy after the interview but never heard back from the company.

I then followed up and was told that all candidates moving on would be reached out to. It has been a couple of months and I haven't heard back. Overall, the recruiter was kind and flexible, but I really wish that I was not given a false hope of moving onto the next stage.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was a very intense interview process. The one thing I would do differently is ask the candidate where they want to work, not vague questions on the type of people they like to deal with

Interview Questions

• What type of person do you prefer to work with? Rural or City?   1 Answer

Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager and was offered the position the next day. It was very easy going. They mainly just want to make sure that you will be a good fit personality wise

Interview Questions

• Asked about past experience, why I wanted the job, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

I met with the DM at McDonalds to chat. See interview questions for more information. It was a quick visit, she may have given me some materials - it was so long ago that I barely remember. She wasn't pushy or anything - as in- you must sign up and do this - kind of thing.

Interview Questions

• What are my dreams and ambitions for Avon? Is this going to be your full-time job? Do you want to be a team leader? How much money do you want to make a month?... It wasn't up to her if I sold Avon or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I paid the $10 fee for the starter kit and got started.

Global Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Westwood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with the HR screening person and then one with the hiring manager. The HR person was offsite, she was in Boston and the job was in NY.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avon Products in June 2016.

Interview

The guys in the packaging department are the ones who conduct the interview. Not too systematic they're just trying to have a conversation and see who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Avon? Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Status Quo. I had an initial interview with HR. I then had a divisional manager interview me. After that I had another Divisional interview. I then had a final interview with the original Divisional and we covered a few situational questions and then discussed the actual territory I was interviewing for and what skills I could utilize to grow this area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Direct Sales experience? Have you managed people before? Are you comfortable in a remote capacity position? Tell us a time when you had to get an employee to do something they did not want to do, describe coaching process...Outline the steps you would use to grow your representative count   Answer Question