Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Avon Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

I met with the DM at McDonalds to chat. See interview questions for more information. It was a quick visit, she may have given me some materials - it was so long ago that I barely remember. She wasn't pushy or anything - as in- you must sign up and do this - kind of thing.

Interview Questions

• What are my dreams and ambitions for Avon? Is this going to be your full-time job? Do you want to be a team leader? How much money do you want to make a month?... It wasn't up to her if I sold Avon or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I paid the $10 fee for the starter kit and got started.

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Status Quo. I had an initial interview with HR. I then had a divisional manager interview me. After that I had another Divisional interview. I then had a final interview with the original Divisional and we covered a few situational questions and then discussed the actual territory I was interviewing for and what skills I could utilize to grow this area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Direct Sales experience? Have you managed people before? Are you comfortable in a remote capacity position? Tell us a time when you had to get an employee to do something they did not want to do, describe coaching process...Outline the steps you would use to grow your representative count   Answer Question

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy to follow .First you need to speak with HR person over the phone . After that you are receiving a test online but it very simple . After you passed the test you are going to 1 h phone conversation with Division and Regional manager . The last part is face to face .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Super quick. Got a call from a recruiter. Set up an interview for that week and met with 4 people in one day. Had an offer within a week.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen to talk about salary and employment basics, such as whether or not I needed sponsorship. (On the salary question, they quoted a fairly low salary). Then, another person organized an onsite interview with a few people.

The person who set up the interview did not mention that the office attire is dress pants and button-up shirts, so I was underdressed.

Interview Questions

• Something like, what are your best assets? What are you looking for?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

First interview was with a regional manager. Then there was a ride along with another DM in your region. If you pass, you are then called to do a final interview with a Market director. If they approve, you are sent an offer letter and asked to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself making an impact in your district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non negotiable but there are bonuses, paid vacation, and car reimbursement.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes with their talent acquisition. Then their notes go to the hiring manager to decide if they want an interview with you. usually done in person, however, mine was done over the phone because the hiring manager was traveling. It was a GREAT experience. The two people so far have been very friendly, helpful, excited, and seem to truly be happy. Seems like a great company to work for, too.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

Very simple, I applied online and they called and actually came to my home. We chatted and she explained everything,then set me up.She also personally walked me through the website,to prepare me to place orders. She left some brochures for me to start right away,as well as samples to start me off.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes anywhere from 4-9 months. It is a very slow and inefficient process. There are about 4 phone interviews, 3 in-person interviews and a shadow day (possibly 2).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Self-appointed online through Avon website. DO NOT recommend this method of appointment for new representatives. Contact a district sales manager or another Avon representative to get established as a new representative as you will not be extended credit through Avon if you choose to self-appoint online for the life of your account.