Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus, was then given a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter did not ask me anything except one question and then proceeded to compliment me and my skill set. I felt very happy after the interview but never heard back from the company.

I then followed up and was told that all candidates moving on would be reached out to. It has been a couple of months and I haven't heard back. Overall, the recruiter was kind and flexible, but I really wish that I was not given a false hope of moving onto the next stage.

Senior Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone interview with HR rep on February 7. I was called by HR and told that they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited several days and never heard back. I emailed them and was told the manager was traveling. I waited a week, no reply. I emailed them again, no response. I waited and ended up emailing HR several, none of which were replied to. Finally, a recruiter called me stating the hiring manager was too busy and they would be bringing on a new person and I should wait a bit and the interview would be scheduled. I waited 10 days and never heard back. I emailed HR again, they never replied. I then received a boilerplate email a few days later saying "thanks, but we are not moving forward with your application."

Unenthical. Unprofessional.

If you get an interview with Avon, run away as fast as you can

Global Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Westwood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with the HR screening person and then one with the hiring manager. The HR person was offsite, she was in Boston and the job was in NY.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen to talk about salary and employment basics, such as whether or not I needed sponsorship. (On the salary question, they quoted a fairly low salary). Then, another person organized an onsite interview with a few people.

The person who set up the interview did not mention that the office attire is dress pants and button-up shirts, so I was underdressed.

Interview Questions

• Something like, what are your best assets? What are you looking for?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes with their talent acquisition. Then their notes go to the hiring manager to decide if they want an interview with you. usually done in person, however, mine was done over the phone because the hiring manager was traveling. It was a GREAT experience. The two people so far have been very friendly, helpful, excited, and seem to truly be happy. Seems like a great company to work for, too.

Avon Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

It was ok it was over the phone, but I've work for Avon before. She did good on the interview and I didn't get my package no simples, no brochures, no meeting to receive anything

Interview Questions

• Having login problems and what I need to do   1 Answer
    • What until 24 hours then login back in   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online, immediately sent a confirmation reference number to use if contacted to continue the process, about 3 weeks later sent an email saying they decided to move forward with the process, but I was no longer in the contenders.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was up to 30 minutes and to sign up you'd receive an email from the former or current Rep. After that I received my Avon Welcome Box within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to be apart of Avon and what would you do with all of the money you earn?   Answer Question

Bilingual District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

You would think that a national company would behave in a more professional manner. I had 2 phone interviews, one with their corporate recruiter and the second with the woman who is the Regional Sales Manager. She scheduled us to meet for a face to face interview the following week. On the day of the scheduled interview I phoned her in the morning to confirm our meeting, that she requested take place in a local coffee shop. I did not hear from her, but was at the coffee shop waiting for her. She sent me a TEXT message, 10 minutes AFTER our meeting time to tell me that things had changed and she would not be meeting me, and that HR would call me. I left 2 messages for the HR person. Neither she, nor the Regional ever bothered to return my calls. Don't waste your time. I should have paid better attention to some of the reviews on this site.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions were asked about sales/managerial situations.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

detailed and rigorous, but very engaging and friendly. Careful attention to seeking examples and specifics. Didn't give much feedback on how answers were received. Interviewer was quite attentive and professional. Interviewer was very responsive to my questions about the role and the company.