Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products District Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

First interview was with a regional manager. Then there was a ride along with another DM in your region. If you pass, you are then called to do a final interview with a Market director. If they approve, you are sent an offer letter and asked to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself making an impact in your district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is non negotiable but there are bonuses, paid vacation, and car reimbursement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes with their talent acquisition. Then their notes go to the hiring manager to decide if they want an interview with you. usually done in person, however, mine was done over the phone because the hiring manager was traveling. It was a GREAT experience. The two people so far have been very friendly, helpful, excited, and seem to truly be happy. Seems like a great company to work for, too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes anywhere from 4-9 months. It is a very slow and inefficient process. There are about 4 phone interviews, 3 in-person interviews and a shadow day (possibly 2).

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Long and Did not receive an offer at first, but was selected when next opportunity came available. I saw a high turnover for the DSM position. Interview started with a call to schedule a telephonic interview with recruiter. After that a package for testing was mailed to you to complete. After sufficient results were received by recruiter divisional manager was notified. Divisional assistant coordinated schedules for an in person interview. if selected then a formal offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

My interview was many years ago. Had a face to face with the divisional then the area manager simply talking about my past experience and duties why my job change and some personal life questions like if i had kids a spouse to see if i could handle the high demands of this job and since there was travelling involved

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online, immediately sent a confirmation reference number to use if contacted to continue the process, about 3 weeks later sent an email saying they decided to move forward with the process, but I was no longer in the contenders.

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people.   1 Answer

Bilingual District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

You would think that a national company would behave in a more professional manner. I had 2 phone interviews, one with their corporate recruiter and the second with the woman who is the Regional Sales Manager. She scheduled us to meet for a face to face interview the following week. On the day of the scheduled interview I phoned her in the morning to confirm our meeting, that she requested take place in a local coffee shop. I did not hear from her, but was at the coffee shop waiting for her. She sent me a TEXT message, 10 minutes AFTER our meeting time to tell me that things had changed and she would not be meeting me, and that HR would call me. I left 2 messages for the HR person. Neither she, nor the Regional ever bothered to return my calls. Don't waste your time. I should have paid better attention to some of the reviews on this site.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions were asked about sales/managerial situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, a face to face, and a ride along. It was a long process, but worth it. Wonderful company with wonderful people. I had a good time with the ride along and everyone made me comfortable and were very upfront about the position.

Interview Questions

• All about sales and leadership   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy Interview process, applied online and was contacted by a talent recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Then I was contacted by the Divisional Manager for a phone interview and to schedule a ride along with an existing Manager. The ride a long consisted of office time and trying to recruit in a shopping center. Had a meeting with the Divisional Manager and was contacted by Human Resource for a phone interview/scenario test.