Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in March 2010.

Interview

You meet a diverse set of business partners at the country, regional and global level. They are assessing for culture fit . It is a very relationship driven organization. Some of the interviewers are very confrontational but that is really about seeing how u maintain grace under fire. Be succinct factual . Pay attention to the bios of the people who u will talk with .The recruiter who has placed people there is a valuable resource. Use networking websites to see who u may know at the company.
    Remember if they are talking to you then they don't think who they have inside is the right fir so it is critical that u get a sense of what they need in a candidate that they don't think they have now internally. Again the recruiter should be helpful here. Finally it can only help if u know someone at the organization. CPG is a small world so chances are u do.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you will tell a executive business leader that their statement, conclusions or assertions was incorrect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do the research at what is the normal compensation. Be clear on your bottom line. be open to accept salary vs signing bonus vs ongoing bonus trade-offs

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products in December 2008.

Interview

Intensive interview process, multiple phone interviews and in-person interview. Personality and management style/skills test, drug test, background check required. Process can be excruciatingly drawn out, particularly if actively seeking employment while unemployed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Rye, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Outsourced phone interview followed by telephone interview with hiring manager. Approximately 1 week after telephone interview, a followup telephone interview with one of the Executive Assistants to gauge interest. Once mutual interest was achieved, schedule with relevant personnel was discussed and set up.

Senior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

very long, through many channels and layers... You talk to a lot of people, they screen every single aspect of your life.
    First you get a phone interview, next a second phone interview with different person. If you pass, you have an interview with this person, but this time at they offices, next stage you speak with the team of creative and than with the head of creative. If they select you, there's a big screening of your background, drug testing, checking with each employer and every single detail of your resume is checked. so don't lye in your interview at all.

Interview Questions

• can't remember typical job related stuff, personal questions, work experience...   1 Answer

Negotiation

they made an offer, i counter offered, they accepted and they hired me.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

There were about 5 interviews. one was an all day group interview. There were several different peer interviews on different days, a one on one with the divisional manager, and a group interview. At the end of the group interview, we were all asked if we had to hire one of the candidates, which other candidate would you hire and why. Very good strategy. There were several openings and this gave us a chance to eliminate the brown noser who was a very mean person when the interviewers were not with us (at lunch)

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

In my business experience, I have cultivated strong sales management, expanded territory, created specialty branding, and polished problem solving and customer service skills. I developed and acquired new accounts and have strong business acumen, including working with key performance indicators. The interview took 6 times or 6 weeks until hired and no pay

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths , weakness , knowledge of company , why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon Products (Rye, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

4 separate 1 hour interviews - It was just as much a chance for me to interview the company. I appreciated their thorough screening process and interviewing with the hiring manager, HR, senior manager, and team member.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Freehold, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Took 9 month to get the position. Sorry that I got it.. Not a good company in the end.. you must recruit 2 reps per day if not you go on written warning.. they dont care how you get them just get them! they hired me before my background was complete. i was on the edge of my seat because it was froday and i was supposed to start on monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy Interview process, applied online and was contacted by a talent recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Then I was contacted by the Divisional Manager for a phone interview and to schedule a ride along with an existing Manager. The ride a long consisted of office time and trying to recruit in a shopping center. Had a meeting with the Divisional Manager and was contacted by Human Resource for a phone interview/scenario test.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Shrewsbury, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

phone interview with recruiters and constant contact throughout the process, panel interview with avon, normal interview, field outing day to test ability - driving around with an established manager to check the job , presentation on the way you would impact your business

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult challenge you have had to overcome.   Answer Question