Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.6

Avon Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Start whenever it is convenient for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very convenient

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

I interviewed with HR, and then with hiring manager and two of her peers. They were primarily mostly questions about my fit with Avon and my resume. One did do a case study but it was reasonable and relevant to Avon so if you do your research, you would be fine.

Negotiation

Short and easy

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Fairly easy, a few prelim calls with HR and 1 interview face to face with 3 associates

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted about 2 weeks later by human resources department to schedule phone interview with someone else. Phone interview was scheduled at 4PM, wasn't contacted until 4:30, so by the time they contacted me I was pretty anxious. Asked the typical interview questions, went over resume, asked me what my most difficult experience at work, wasn't expecting to answer questions like what are polymers etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interviewing process. Met with a Sr. Manager and Director and was hired.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any crazy questions. Everything was very typical.   Answer Question

Interview

District Manager or Leadership Representative will go over how to become an Avon Independent Sales Representative. Only $10 to join. Will give you brochures and 40% discount core products in brochure your first campaign, and 40% off your 2nd through 4th campaign as long as you have at least a $50 order. After that, commission is based on how much you sell.

Toxicologist II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online, immediately sent a confirmation reference number to use if contacted to continue the process, about 3 weeks later sent an email saying they decided to move forward with the process, but I was no longer in the contenders.

Senior Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got contacted by the HR manager via LinkedIn who after obtaining the CV sent an email that I have been short listed and the audit manager will contact me. The audit manager then contacted and confirmed the interview date. The interview was conducted by 3 different people(separately), the audit manager, the audit assistant manager and senior analyst. The audit manager's interview was the most detailed who asked me about my previous work experience in detail and explained everything required of from the role. At the end of first interview they told that if I am short listed I'l have to come for a second interview with the Executive Director and VP. HR contacted me the same day of first interview that I have been shortlisted and need to come for a second interview which was only taken by the ED.
    The ED did not ask any technical questions and only explained mainly about the company's environment and what to expect if I were to join the team however she did asked a lot of questions to know about my experience and if I was a good fit for the job

Interview Questions

• My previous work experience regarding external audit and advisory?   Answer Question
    • Why am I looking to move in to this position?   Answer Question
    • Why have I chosen Avon?   1 Answer
    • What is the most risky area in audit for Avon considering the industry?   1 Answer
    • If I am willing to travel 40-50% of the time as it was one of the job requirements?   Answer Question
    • How to audit accruals and what is the double entry for deferred income?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

Very easy, standard questions - educational and professional background, why you want to work there, etc