Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.5

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products (Warsaw (Poland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quite short, because We new each other. I really liked the process. It was quite easy. So I got the job. It all went smoothly and being a part of the company was my dream. The biggest of all. Sun is shining and I am happy now.

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon Products (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

About 30 mins to an hour
    It was Face to face with Upline and team leader
    Had to go over my application form and complete gaps
    I needed 2 forms of ID
    You need to have email address to receive territory information
    I registered online with Avon using my unique account number and personal password
    Opened my online store
    Received a welcome pack

DSM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products in September 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and time consuming, it was a rollercoaster of a process and I had to speak to several different people at various levels of management asking repetitive questions and interactions - very redundant

Senior Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got contacted by the HR manager via LinkedIn who after obtaining the CV sent an email that I have been short listed and the audit manager will contact me. The audit manager then contacted and confirmed the interview date. The interview was conducted by 3 different people(separately), the audit manager, the audit assistant manager and senior analyst. The audit manager's interview was the most detailed who asked me about my previous work experience in detail and explained everything required of from the role. At the end of first interview they told that if I am short listed I'l have to come for a second interview with the Executive Director and VP. HR contacted me the same day of first interview that I have been shortlisted and need to come for a second interview which was only taken by the ED.
    The ED did not ask any technical questions and only explained mainly about the company's environment and what to expect if I were to join the team however she did asked a lot of questions to know about my experience and if I was a good fit for the job

Interview Questions

• My previous work experience regarding external audit and advisory?   Answer Question
    • Why am I looking to move in to this position?   Answer Question
    • Why have I chosen Avon?   1 Answer
    • What is the most risky area in audit for Avon considering the industry?   1 Answer
    • If I am willing to travel 40-50% of the time as it was one of the job requirements?   Answer Question
    • How to audit accruals and what is the double entry for deferred income?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview, nothing very stressful. I met with another District Manager who liked my personality and had told me there was a temporary position available. She gave me a brief "interview" and called her manager to set us up to meet and continue with a formal application and interview.

Interview Questions

• How well can you handle multiple associates under you in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus, was then given a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter did not ask me anything except one question and then proceeded to compliment me and my skill set. I felt very happy after the interview but never heard back from the company.

I then followed up and was told that all candidates moving on would be reached out to. It has been a couple of months and I haven't heard back. Overall, the recruiter was kind and flexible, but I really wish that I was not given a false hope of moving onto the next stage.

Global Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Westwood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with the HR screening person and then one with the hiring manager. The HR person was offsite, she was in Boston and the job was in NY.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was a very intense interview process. The one thing I would do differently is ask the candidate where they want to work, not vague questions on the type of people they like to deal with

Interview Questions

• What type of person do you prefer to work with? Rural or City?   1 Answer

Campaign Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had only one interview with HR and my would be manager which took about an hour. The job role was explained at length with a thorough analysis of my skills and fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work under a significant amount of pressure in a deadline driven environment.   1 Answer

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Status Quo. I had an initial interview with HR. I then had a divisional manager interview me. After that I had another Divisional interview. I then had a final interview with the original Divisional and we covered a few situational questions and then discussed the actual territory I was interviewing for and what skills I could utilize to grow this area.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Direct Sales experience? Have you managed people before? Are you comfortable in a remote capacity position? Tell us a time when you had to get an employee to do something they did not want to do, describe coaching process...Outline the steps you would use to grow your representative count   Answer Question