Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.5

Avon Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

It was ok it was over the phone, but I've work for Avon before. She did good on the interview and I didn't get my package no simples, no brochures, no meeting to receive anything

Interview Questions

• Having login problems and what I need to do   1 Answer
    • What until 24 hours then login back in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Long and Did not receive an offer at first, but was selected when next opportunity came available. I saw a high turnover for the DSM position. Interview started with a call to schedule a telephonic interview with recruiter. After that a package for testing was mailed to you to complete. After sufficient results were received by recruiter divisional manager was notified. Divisional assistant coordinated schedules for an in person interview. if selected then a formal offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

My interview was many years ago. Had a face to face with the divisional then the area manager simply talking about my past experience and duties why my job change and some personal life questions like if i had kids a spouse to see if i could handle the high demands of this job and since there was travelling involved

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online, immediately sent a confirmation reference number to use if contacted to continue the process, about 3 weeks later sent an email saying they decided to move forward with the process, but I was no longer in the contenders.

NPE&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews (~30min each) at the headquarter in NYC then after about 2 weeks, I had to go to Suffern office to have an interview with sr. manager (~30 min) then after about 2 weeks, I received an offer via phone and email.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Avon website. Contacted by an HR associate and set up phone interview. After interview, called in for interview with HR manager and department manager I was interviewing for. Got a call the next week offering me the position.

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people.   1 Answer

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

The process takes 3-5 months, you fly all over the country answering the same questions with different levels of management. There are several tests before the phone interviews with HR begin. You must be prepared to leave town on a moments notice to fly out for an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not open to any negotiation but the offer was good.

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was up to 30 minutes and to sign up you'd receive an email from the former or current Rep. After that I received my Avon Welcome Box within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to be apart of Avon and what would you do with all of the money you earn?   Answer Question

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Greensburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a brief call from my soon to be upline leader. She sent me to a website, and I had to fill out their online application. In order to become an Avon rep I had to spend a minimum of $10.00 for their base rep kit. Then spend an addituonal $50.00 for a sample kit.
    If I would have known how much I would have needed to pay to get started, I would never have signed up with this company.

Interview Questions

• How are you with working with the general public, and doing cold selling (just asking anyone if they wanted to buy the products they have available. )   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with this company, since it is a commission based company.