Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.6

NPE&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews (~30min each) at the headquarter in NYC then after about 2 weeks, I had to go to Suffern office to have an interview with sr. manager (~30 min) then after about 2 weeks, I received an offer via phone and email.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Avon website. Contacted by an HR associate and set up phone interview. After interview, called in for interview with HR manager and department manager I was interviewing for. Got a call the next week offering me the position.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people.   1 Answer

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

The process takes 3-5 months, you fly all over the country answering the same questions with different levels of management. There are several tests before the phone interviews with HR begin. You must be prepared to leave town on a moments notice to fly out for an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not open to any negotiation but the offer was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was up to 30 minutes and to sign up you'd receive an email from the former or current Rep. After that I received my Avon Welcome Box within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to be apart of Avon and what would you do with all of the money you earn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Greensburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a brief call from my soon to be upline leader. She sent me to a website, and I had to fill out their online application. In order to become an Avon rep I had to spend a minimum of $10.00 for their base rep kit. Then spend an addituonal $50.00 for a sample kit.
    If I would have known how much I would have needed to pay to get started, I would never have signed up with this company.

Interview Questions

• How are you with working with the general public, and doing cold selling (just asking anyone if they wanted to buy the products they have available. )   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with this company, since it is a commission based company.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon Products (Salem, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

you are not really interviewed unless you contact a rep directly. Mostly you sign up online and within minutes to a day you are contacted usually by the District manager to welcome you into the company and the community you are working in. My Manager is really nice lady, really supportive, funny, and my interactions with her are/ were a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What am I wanting to accomplish with working for Avon?   1 Answer

Packaging Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Suffern, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After the initial interview on my college campus, I was invited to the company location for an on-site interview. I was met by the manager of the department who conducted a tour of the facility. After a brief walk through of the labs, we sat down in a conference room and conducted the second interview which was primarily just gauging my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What abilities can I bring to the table to positively impact the company?   Answer Question

Bilingual District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

You would think that a national company would behave in a more professional manner. I had 2 phone interviews, one with their corporate recruiter and the second with the woman who is the Regional Sales Manager. She scheduled us to meet for a face to face interview the following week. On the day of the scheduled interview I phoned her in the morning to confirm our meeting, that she requested take place in a local coffee shop. I did not hear from her, but was at the coffee shop waiting for her. She sent me a TEXT message, 10 minutes AFTER our meeting time to tell me that things had changed and she would not be meeting me, and that HR would call me. I left 2 messages for the HR person. Neither she, nor the Regional ever bothered to return my calls. Don't waste your time. I should have paid better attention to some of the reviews on this site.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions were asked about sales/managerial situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, a face to face, and a ride along. It was a long process, but worth it. Wonderful company with wonderful people. I had a good time with the ride along and everyone made me comfortable and were very upfront about the position.

Interview Questions

• All about sales and leadership   1 Answer