Avon Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

detailed and rigorous, but very engaging and friendly. Careful attention to seeking examples and specifics. Didn't give much feedback on how answers were received. Interviewer was quite attentive and professional. Interviewer was very responsive to my questions about the role and the company.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy Interview process, applied online and was contacted by a talent recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Then I was contacted by the Divisional Manager for a phone interview and to schedule a ride along with an existing Manager. The ride a long consisted of office time and trying to recruit in a shopping center. Had a meeting with the Divisional Manager and was contacted by Human Resource for a phone interview/scenario test.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products in January 2015.

Interview

This is a company that touts itself as "for" women but everything about their interviewing process is exploitive and is designed to manipulate candidates into working for Avon, prior to hire, for free. I was strung along for four months before being told that the position that I applied for had been "cancelled" and did not need to be filled.

Interview Questions

• The process involved a HR 1.5 hour interview, a .5 hour interview with a Division Manager, a full day work-with with a District Manager (which involved a 300 mile round trip drive with no reimbursement) and a .5 hour interview with a Regional Sales Manager. Questions varied but were mostly situational. With the exception of the District Manager, all of the interview were via phone or Skype.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

After multiple phone screens, I was set up for a ride along with a current DM in Kansas City. She identified that I would have ZERO family time and representatives generally make more than DMs. She was so negative about the position that I even interjected and asked her if she was trying to talk me out of the position. The rest of the ride along contained a 1.5 hour very disorganized and uninformative meeting with her representatives and a hour long lunch that I had to finance myself. Avon expects a current DM to evaluate your quality and viability in the organization. I'm considerably younger but have significantly more experience in sales and district management. I feel like I was discriminated against based on my age and the fact that I challenged some of the negative points she was making about Avon. Based on the ride along, I was not even extended the opportunity for an interview. I received an email about a week letter identifying that I would not be extended an interview. I responded back to the talent acquisition team asking for feedback because I did not understand how that's possible. No response until today with a recruiter called to tell me AGAIN that I wouldn't be offered an interview (mind you nearly a month has passed). I asked for information and a call back because of how deeply offended I am with the whole process. We'll see.

My ability were "evaluated" by a peer which is beyond my realm of comprehension. If this is the direction Avon continues to go, the company will continue on its backslide and, eventually, irrelevant and stale. With this kind of management there's no way Avon can compete in the millennial age.

Interview Questions

• NONE... in fact I was told was I wouldn't want this job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy, simply submitted my resume through my college and was called in for an interview a few days later. Didn't really have to deal with the company at all until the interview. They work very quickly and have great communication.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all personality related. What are your strengths? How well do you resolve conflicts? Do you work well in a team? things like that   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avon Products (Rye, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Outsourced phone interview followed by telephone interview with hiring manager. Approximately 1 week after telephone interview, a followup telephone interview with one of the Executive Assistants to gauge interest. Once mutual interest was achieved, schedule with relevant personnel was discussed and set up.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy volunteering.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Sourcing Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online via Linkedin and received a response within the next few days. HR Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator were extremely professional and friendly throughout the process. Entire cycle entailed a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, 30 minute phone interview with another Manager in the group, and two onsite interviews each about 1 hour in length. Interview questions were not too difficult and mainly involved my career interests and discussion about the role (as to be expected). Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What sort of process/change management projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Had a special circumstance where I was offered a higher position at my present company, but would have taken it if not for this situation

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Warren, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

We went through the steps and showed how everything works and if I was sure that I could do it and if there was anything else that I wanted to know about just call them and ask them