Avon Products Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.9

Senior Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone interview with HR rep on February 7. I was called by HR and told that they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited several days and never heard back. I emailed them and was told the manager was traveling. I waited a week, no reply. I emailed them again, no response. I waited and ended up emailing HR several, none of which were replied to. Finally, a recruiter called me stating the hiring manager was too busy and they would be bringing on a new person and I should wait a bit and the interview would be scheduled. I waited 10 days and never heard back. I emailed HR again, they never replied. I then received a boilerplate email a few days later saying "thanks, but we are not moving forward with your application."

Unenthical. Unprofessional.

If you get an interview with Avon, run away as fast as you can

Global Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Westwood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with the HR screening person and then one with the hiring manager. The HR person was offsite, she was in Boston and the job was in NY.

DSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy to follow .First you need to speak with HR person over the phone . After that you are receiving a test online but it very simple . After you passed the test you are going to 1 h phone conversation with Division and Regional manager . The last part is face to face .

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen to talk about salary and employment basics, such as whether or not I needed sponsorship. (On the salary question, they quoted a fairly low salary). Then, another person organized an onsite interview with a few people.

The person who set up the interview did not mention that the office attire is dress pants and button-up shirts, so I was underdressed.

Interview Questions

• Something like, what are your best assets? What are you looking for?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes with their talent acquisition. Then their notes go to the hiring manager to decide if they want an interview with you. usually done in person, however, mine was done over the phone because the hiring manager was traveling. It was a GREAT experience. The two people so far have been very friendly, helpful, excited, and seem to truly be happy. Seems like a great company to work for, too.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Newark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes anywhere from 4-9 months. It is a very slow and inefficient process. There are about 4 phone interviews, 3 in-person interviews and a shadow day (possibly 2).

NPE&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews (~30min each) at the headquarter in NYC then after about 2 weeks, I had to go to Suffern office to have an interview with sr. manager (~30 min) then after about 2 weeks, I received an offer via phone and email.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Avon website. Contacted by an HR associate and set up phone interview. After interview, called in for interview with HR manager and department manager I was interviewing for. Got a call the next week offering me the position.

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY).

Interview

The process takes 3-5 months, you fly all over the country answering the same questions with different levels of management. There are several tests before the phone interviews with HR begin. You must be prepared to leave town on a moments notice to fly out for an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not open to any negotiation but the offer was good.

Packaging Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Suffern, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After the initial interview on my college campus, I was invited to the company location for an on-site interview. I was met by the manager of the department who conducted a tour of the facility. After a brief walk through of the labs, we sat down in a conference room and conducted the second interview which was primarily just gauging my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What abilities can I bring to the table to positively impact the company?   Answer Question