Ayasdi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ayasdi Interview Questions

Interviews at Ayasdi

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ayasdi (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and applied by replying to the email. I was contacted very soon by the recruiter for an informal chat over phone asking about my interests. They moved to first phone interview very soon. After clearing that, I had 5 onsite rounds. The rounds consisted of Algorithm questions, design questions, testing knowledge, asking about your experience/projects etc. Lastly I talked to the VP of engineering which was very insightful and I enjoyed that part very much. In 2 days, I got a call from Ayasdi recruiter with my offer. The process was very smooth and the recruiter was very understanding and helpful. Interviews were very original and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm, Design, Testing, Projects, latest trends in industry etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ayasdi (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by five people. The interview was very long and exhausting, but I was pleased to see that they actually read my resume. The people I talked to were friendly, but it was by no means easy. It was about a 50-50 split between technical and cultural interviews. I could tell the people that were interviewing me knew what they were talking about, and that was a big driver in choosing to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• How I would solve various architecture challenges in the actual product   Answer Question

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ayasdi (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Good Part: Pretty standard process. Got a message from recruiter on LinkedIn, spoke with her, then 1hr phone interview was scheduled. Got response from recruiter within 2 days and onsite interview was scheduled. Onsite interview was for 3.5 hrs that involved 3 algorithmic and design interviews of 45 mins each, had a chat with DOE, senior HR, one other guy as well. All in all, it was a good experience and my interview went spot on. Got the decision in 2 days after the onsite interview. Overall process was fast and the recruiter was responsive to all emails.

Bad Part: After the interview, I was pretty excited and expected sure shot offer. But got a call from the recruiter I had been talking all time and was rejected on basis of being "too junior for what we're looking for". First of all, I didn't applied there and the recruiter contacted me. Then, I also sent my resume and my LinkedIn profile was wide open to them. So if you can't figure out from all these things if I've good experience for Senior/Junior position, then you're really not doing a great job! Kindly consider time that the person invests in these interviews and also consider that they've to take a day off for onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA but pretty easy and standard questions were asked.   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ayasdi.

Interview

A friendly recruiter at Ayasdi reached out to me. We started with a quick phone screen then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was later brought on site to meet with several people.

The company seemed disorganized. Questions were vague. I couldn't to figure out what they needed. No one expressed a clear direction for the company. I was in an impossible position because they didn't evince any understanding of their customers' needs.

I was expecting that they'd send me a polite rejection.

But instead they sent me a terse form letter rejection from a no-reply address. So much for friendly. Wow! I feel that I dodged a disaster.

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I interviewed at Ayasdi (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and the recruiter sent an email asking to schedule a one hour phone screen. We agreed upon a time. The recruiter never called and after 30 minutes of waiting I followed up by email and never heard anything back from her. This shows me how unprofessional this company is.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ayasdi (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was contacted through the company recruiter. Had a phone interview with the senior engineer, followed by an onsite. Was scheduled to talk to five people. First four interviews went well, the questions were basic algorithms and data structures, solved everything in the best time complexity. The last interview was with a software engineer who came in talking on phone, introduced as a to be Math graduate from Stanford and writing quality software for Ayasdi. Started with a simple algorithm question which was solved in best time complexity, later was asked to derive some mathematical equation out of the algorithm. As was not able to do, the interviewer said I am not a good ally of Math and want to test system design questions. The interviewer asked some questions which I had to correct the interviewer to see if that was the question and the concept the interviewer wanted to ask. The questions were not at all clear and after some questions the interviewer was confused whether the questions asked were correct or makes some sense and told me that maybe the questions asked are stupid.

I would suggest to select interviewers who know software development and computer science apart from Math.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ayasdi (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

They brought me in to interview with two data scientists and another technical consultant. Overall process took a few hours. Data scientist that interviewed me was pretty arrogant. I didn't hear back from them at all after the interview to confirm whether I had passed the interview, I eventually assumed that I hadn't gotten the job after enough time passed.

Interview Questions

• - Define Precision and Recall
      - How would you process a large dataset using a machine with very little RAM   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Ayasdi pursued me aggressively. I had multiple phone interviews and they were moving forward quickly and about to fly me out for an interview. I was intentionally slowing them down as I was concerned about the reviews I had read. As soon as I started asking pointed questions regarding revenue, number of accounts, recurring business.......they disappeared with no further contact. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Trust your senses. Ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the financial services industry   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ayasdi.

Interview

phone interview->skype interview->onsite interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ayasdi (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The first call was with the company recruiter where he asked about my background and what I am looking for in more next role/company. After the phone call with the recruiter, he then had the recruiting coordinator reach out to schedule an onsite interview. The recruiter prepped me for the onsite interview with who I would be meeting with and how to prepare. I came prepared to the onsite interview with the schedule that was given.

I met with the finance team along with the HR Manager. Everyone was very helpful in helping me to understand the position and the direction of the company. I recommend having questions prepared as they were all looking for that at the end of interviews.

Overall, the process was seamless and the recruiting team was helpful as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle an employee relations issue and how you handled it?   Answer Question