Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

1. Initial screen from HR in N.Y. - 5 minute conversation.
2. Number matching test in local office. You have two sets of numbers ranging from 3 to 5 digits. You have to check a box if the numbers match. 5 minute time limit.
3. Excel test. You have 15 minutes to make 10 very easy changes to an excel document.
4. Three rounds of interviews with the corporate trainer, account manager, and general manager's assistant. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen than an interview with 2 members of the firm. Coming from another firm they asked a ton of questions about what I did. Neither of my 2 interviews were as experienced as me when entering the field but didnt seem to like me.

just stick to your education and experienc dont try to sell yourself like you would for a trisitional FA role

Interview Questions

• tell me about ur current experience   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company.

Interview

very thorough

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company.

Interview

The hiring process wasn't that bad. I was offered a position. The pay was decent and the fact that you can put Goldman Sachs on your resume is also good. My impression was they seem to run it like a high end factor for wealth management. The people were very nice and during the interview I talked to multiple people. I wasn't really asked any difficult questions during the process. They really just ask you about why you want to be in financial counseling and what you hope to achieve. If you truly are interested and have demonstrated you can work hard and smart you will probably get a job with Ayco.

Interview Questions

• "What is your thinking as to why you would do a Roth converation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Saratoga Springs, NY).

Interview

Had a quick phone call which asked to tell me a bit about myself, when I would be available, and my expected compensation.Then came in for an in-person interview and talked to the Training & Development Director of the division. They asked what I knew about the company, and went over a couple things on my resume. Asked why I chose my college. Next, I talked to an HR person. They asked the typical questions, 3 strengths and weaknesses, adjectives to describe myself. Every typical HR question that you could google and find, they asked--nothing surprising.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted the salary I had asked for during the initial phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process took about a weeks. Initial phone interview with basic questions about the company. Second interview was in the office, simple excel exam and short interview with a regional recruiter, and the third round was with one of the account managers and one of the VP. Process was easy, everyone was friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was "Why Ayco", and the second was " Where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed on a referral... 30 min phone interview with HR in NY, then 2 hour interview in irvine. Met with HR, an analyst, and 2 CFPs/Account Managers. Asked basic questions about resume, asked if I every did my taxes (entry level position), asked what I was currently reading... Most interesting part was receiving a formal rejection letter in the mail 3ish weeks after the in person.

Interview Questions

• Most of the people were easy to talk to, but one of the Managers was a bit stand off ish   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying online for a financial planner position. The first interview was with HR and lasted about half an hour. It was fairly standard. After that, I got a call from the specific office I was interviewing with, and we set up another phone interview (because I was located some distance from the office itself). I spoke to two people in the office, each interview lasting about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any three people, who would you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First step was a phone interview, followed by an in person meeting with three VPs, then the final round was a discussion with the head of staffing and the head of the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, since I had an advanced degree I was able to negotiate an extra thousand dollars

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Albany, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Ayco utilized a several step interview process. The interview began with a basic phone screening from an HR contact. Following the phone screening, I was invited to come into the office for a in-person interview. There were three separate interview sessions, lasting over two hours. First was a conversation with the HR contact, then a panel with three senior financial analysts in the deptartment, and finally a 1:1 with the department head.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the difference between a stock and a bond to someone with no financial knowledge?   Answer Question