Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Digital Strategist Interview

Interview

Pretty smooth, talked to 2 people in the team (30 mins) each. Some structure but overall the interview was conversational. Remember to ask questions. Heard back from the HR team within one week of the interview.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Saratoga Springs, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Had an initial basic phone interview which led to an in-person interview. Four people interviewed me separately. Most of them asked very similar questions to start and reiterated the same information that I had already been given about the company and its different departments. I was asked a lot about my experience and special abilities based on my resume as well as some basic technical questions based on my knowledge. The process was somewhat nerve-wracking and at times challenging, but nothing too extreme. I had to wait about fifteen minutes before the first interviewer showed up but then the interviews were in rapid succession and some felt slightly rushed. I received a fancy rejection letter in the mail several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you have a network that is running slower than expected, how can you work to improve it?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company in March 2018.

Interview

1)Phone Interview - HR asked general questions on my resume and my work experience
    2)Coder Pad - Online live coding assessment, with a software developer at AYCO who is on a call simultaneously. (1 hour long)
    3) Onsite Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Saratoga Springs, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor. I got call for setting up online Code Screen.
    Code Share Screen was for about 1 hour and 2 questions were asked on data structures.
    After the code screen, I was called for onsite after a week.
    Onsite there were 3 managerial rounds.
    I was asked question based on my resume, my academics projects, my work experience.
    Focussed more on Java, Angular, SQL, Backend services.
    There were many behavioral questions based on difficulties faced during team meeting, presentations, handling work etc and what I learnt from them.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Delete, truncate, drop?
      REST vs SOAP?
      JSON vs XML?
      Low level programming vs high level programming?
      Why do you like coding?   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Latham, NY).

Interview

A week after I submitted an application online, I received an email asking when I could set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very simple, just say what you know about the company (be very detailed) and talk about your resume. If you read off a script and you'll be fine.

A week after that I was asked to come to the office for a face to face interview. You are interviewed by three groups all from the operations department. Expect basic interview questions and some about your experiences and behavioral stuff. First two groups were very friendly and welcoming and would laugh. Last group was a bit more standoffish and less friendly.

Recommendation: read through the questions people have mentioned in other posts. Be prepared to go into detail on what you've done and ask many questions (asking about the SIE exam should make you look sophisticated). Talk about intermediate/advanced Excel functions (VBA, indexmatch, solve it) to add to that sophistication because they didn't know what I was talking about.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company in September 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, and then an in person interview with three people in the room. The questions were mainly behavioral with a couple situational. It was nothing crazy.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Latham, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The in person interview lasted about 2.5 hours. I spoke to 2 people then 2 more. About an hour and 15 minutes each. Asked what I knew about Ayco, the operational role, what I liked about finance. Things like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Irvine, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by an HR representative from their headquarters via email to set up a brief phone interview. After answering general questions about my background and experience I received an email asking for my college transcripts as well as SAT/ACT scores.

I provided the transcripts and scores, and was contacted a few weeks later to set up a formal interview. The interview was almost three hours, and consisted of filling out a detailed application including most of what was on my resume, plus additional references and other items. Then I interviewed with three employees, two of which were senior analysts, and one was in charge of training the new analysts.

After speaking with them for about 30 minutes, I had two more individual interviews with Financial Advisors (which was the role of the direct supervisor of an analyst). These interviews included general interview questions like my current position, my five year plan, etc. One of the interviewers seemed as if he were trying to trick you or catch you off guard, the other was more straight forward though.

Finally, after all the interviews were over, I was taken into a separate room to take an excel test on the computer, which tested basic excel skills and I finished in about fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, but I was traveling from about fifty miles away to interview, and one of the interviewers seemed very concerned that I lived too far away and wasnt serious about the position, which was somewhat of an uphill battle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Latham, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews then went in for a group interview an met with another individual one on one. Quick turn around on decision making, and keep in touch very well regarding the process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company.

Interview

This was a while ago so I don't have much creditable input. The company is difficult to understand. You will need a lot of information to identify where you want to work. Be upfront on salary.

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company (Latham, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical interview only difference is you will talk to multiple people rather than one or two. If you want the job just say you will do whatever it takes. Do not have a backbone other than saying you want the job.