B.R. Guest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at B.R. Guest

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B.R. Guest (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I just moved to New York from Los Angeles, I had been looking for a job for 3 weeks and no luck. One morning I woke up extremely frustrated and worried, I directly got up went for my laptop and searched jobs on Craigslist. I saw add for open call at Dos Caminos restaurant. A high end Mexican food place. I got ready and went to the city. I walked in was greeted nicely by the host and taken to a room with other candidates filling out an application. I was called for an interview and I was hired on the spot. That was the happiest day for me in a month! My first job in NYC, I was excited because I've worked at offices all of my life and I can finally focus on school full time which is why Ioved across the country!

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in Hospitality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired on the spot it was amazing!

Intern Interview

Interview

Intervieewed with HR coordinator and then with internship coordinators. Finally interviewed with specific restaurant GMs. Everyone was very nice and forthcoming about the work and what I would be doing during the internship. No trick questions or intimidating conversations. Very straightforward and to the point: wanted to see if I was willing to work hard and if I would get along with the staff.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at B.R. Guest in March 2014.

Interview

The entire process was pretty easy. I sent my resume in and then someone from HR contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was over the phone and we discussed the program, what it entailed, the dates, and what I would be doing. She also asked about my previous experiences and how I thought I would fit into the company. It was not a long interview, probably about 25 minutes and allowed me to get a feel of what the company was like. A few days later I was offered the position in the program

Interview Questions

• Personality questions
      Things based on other experiences
      Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B.R. Guest (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I have over five years hospitality event coordination/sales experience and had what I thought to be was a great interview with the Director of Special Events. Politely thanked her and followed up with a phone call and email. About three weeks after the interview, I received the generic "we are going with another candidate" letter in the mail from a HR manager I never event meant with.

I'm not sure what exactly they are looking in a candidate as I was more than capable. I've worked in the front of the house for BR Guest in the past and know they have a reputation for high turnover in both the restaurants and corporate. So, I guess not working there is for the best.