BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

Delivery Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

- CV submission
    - 1st telephone interview - competency questions
    - 2nd interview - 2 hours - CV go through, presentation about the project you delivered at the Iniversity that could be in line with the BAE topics, case studies

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Helendale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via my LinkedIn profile about the job. I then submitted resume and conducted the interview via Skype and once was screened through customer in Afghanistan I was offered the position. Upon review of my Top Secret clearance being valid I was offered the transit details to begin training and transit into Afghanistan to begin working. I have been supporting the Train, Assist and Advise mission in Afghanistan for 7 months now. I currently conduct intelligence analysis and presentation for the law enforcement mission throughout the Afghanistan theater of operations

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to gauge intelligence assessments based on multiple data sources and the application of said assessments to current mission.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about 2 weeks after I applied. It was a brief 5-10 minute conversation where I was then scheduled for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was an hour long interview. First, we went through my resume, and then I was asked a few behavioral questions. They were the usual behavioral questions that you get asked on most interviews.
    The last part of the phone interview was a case study. To me, the case study was difficult. This is only because I wasn't aware of the exact job description. Had I known it was mainly a coding position, I would not have applied.
    Overall, it was a very quick and simple process. The people who I spoke on the phone to, HR and the manager, were both nice and easy to talk to. There was no intimidation factor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

Interview was held with local Director and consisted mainly of a review of my prior positions and experience. There was no one from the Program Management section to ask job specific questions or to answer many of my questions. A HR representative was on-line to answer benefit questions. Very little available to cover current contracts, work load dispersal or team qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Immediate query as to salary requirements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was handled primarily by the HR rep. That individual was not cognizant of local salaries at competitors and never seemed to check on my prior salary rates before committing to the requested amount.

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a preliminary call to schedule an hour long phone interview. That was pretty simple and the second interview was basically a given. The hour long phone interview was pretty standard. They told me about the position, asked me questions about my resume, had me solve a problem, then asked if I had any questions. I was extremely nervous and did not come across as a good candidate so I completely understand why I was not asked to come in for another interview. The only thing that bothered me was that I was suppose to get a call about the results of my phone interview...even though I knew they were poor...but I never received a call. If a company tells you they will call you and then doesn't...it looks really poor on their part.

Interview Questions

• You're given a database of email addresses and people under that email address. How would you insure there are no repeat email addresses or people in the database?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

Be prepare your skills set as Oracle Database,PL/SQL,Weblogic,Webshpere,Shell script and Java in advanced.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (McLean, VA).

Interview

This was a very long, and grueling interview process. It was 4-5 steps and required a lot of preparations.

1. Simple phone interview, just went over resume.
    2. Technical interview: talked with analyst about my résumé and was asked a lot of in-depth questions. There was also 2 technical questions.
    3. Take-home technical exam: had 48 hours to complete test.
    4. In-person interview: had to give a short presentation, and complete a case study.

Detica is trying to find smart, technically savvy individuals who can communicate technical ideas to the layman. The interview process tests if you fit their criteria. It's long, and not many people receive offers because their standards are so high.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

1 x short phone conversation - why Deitca, the hiring process etc
    1 x 1hr face to face interview
    1 x 2hr face to face

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything being particularly shocking, mostly the interviews were fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Surprisingly helpful and accomodating

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (McLean, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

technical phone interview, coding challenge with dataset, onsite case interview and presentation of a project you have worked on. The process was smooth and the salary expectation was non-negotiable but fair. I would say to review how to take in data and be able to analyze. The HR person was very nice and helped me with any questions I had. In the onsite try to be personable as well as sharp.

Interview Questions

• Be able to get the distribution of each feature and how that ties in with knowing if a classification is correct or not.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (McLean, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Conducted a few interviews (two or three) with a recruiter and then one with the Project Manager. I was active duty military at the time, and stationed in Germany, so all interviews were over the phone.