BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Sterling, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an existing employee. It took a few months before receiving contact from Recruiting. Once contacted, interview was scheduled within a week. I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager, Judith Rackens, as well as another Director associated with the position via conference call. Together, both interviewed thoroughly regarding job knowledge, experience and personal attributes and management style. It was a comfortable and professional interview. I was disappointed I was not selected however I received a personal email from Ms. Rackens regarding the decision and feedback from the interview.

It was overall a great experience once the interviewing process began. Given the thorough interview, I believe it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure from business units when they are pushing a sourcing decision based on requirement but not compliant with the process?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Patuxent River, MD).

Interview

There was an e-mail first to set up an interview time. After arriving at the first building I was given details on the benefits. I then had to drive to the actual work location for a group interview. It was intimidating since you are sat in the middle of the room surrounded by 4 employers. They asked questions about myself and my resume. They asked about a lot of my coding experience with quiz questions that I couldn't answer (My fault for not preparing better). After about a half hour they said "Thanks" and we'll "Let you know".

Lesson learned: Prepare to review everything on your resume, even if it's not on the job description.

Delivery Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

- CV submission
    - 1st telephone interview - competency questions
    - 2nd interview - 2 hours - CV go through, presentation about the project you delivered at the Iniversity that could be in line with the BAE topics, case studies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through a head hunter. After spoke to the head hunter, got a call from the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. The conversation was mostly general plus some technical questions. Couple days later, got a call from a key engineer. He really got into technical details but he was very professional. A week later, an onsite interview with four engineers and the VP of Engineering for about four hours

Interview Questions

• Questions was on sql injections, cross site scripts and database sqls   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick and easy. After a brief phone interview I came in to the office, a conference room was provided. The manager came into the conference room asked a few technical questions and then it quickly went to salary negotiation. Once that was done, I was offered the job on the spot.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Helendale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via my LinkedIn profile about the job. I then submitted resume and conducted the interview via Skype and once was screened through customer in Afghanistan I was offered the position. Upon review of my Top Secret clearance being valid I was offered the transit details to begin training and transit into Afghanistan to begin working. I have been supporting the Train, Assist and Advise mission in Afghanistan for 7 months now. I currently conduct intelligence analysis and presentation for the law enforcement mission throughout the Afghanistan theater of operations

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to gauge intelligence assessments based on multiple data sources and the application of said assessments to current mission.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

NGA College Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the BAE company website. I only had one interview via phone within one week of submitting the application online - then I was offerd the job two weeks after interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about 2 weeks after I applied. It was a brief 5-10 minute conversation where I was then scheduled for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was an hour long interview. First, we went through my resume, and then I was asked a few behavioral questions. They were the usual behavioral questions that you get asked on most interviews.
    The last part of the phone interview was a case study. To me, the case study was difficult. This is only because I wasn't aware of the exact job description. Had I known it was mainly a coding position, I would not have applied.
    Overall, it was a very quick and simple process. The people who I spoke on the phone to, HR and the manager, were both nice and easy to talk to. There was no intimidation factor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview

Interview was held with local Director and consisted mainly of a review of my prior positions and experience. There was no one from the Program Management section to ask job specific questions or to answer many of my questions. A HR representative was on-line to answer benefit questions. Very little available to cover current contracts, work load dispersal or team qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Immediate query as to salary requirements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was handled primarily by the HR rep. That individual was not cognizant of local salaries at competitors and never seemed to check on my prior salary rates before committing to the requested amount.

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a preliminary call to schedule an hour long phone interview. That was pretty simple and the second interview was basically a given. The hour long phone interview was pretty standard. They told me about the position, asked me questions about my resume, had me solve a problem, then asked if I had any questions. I was extremely nervous and did not come across as a good candidate so I completely understand why I was not asked to come in for another interview. The only thing that bothered me was that I was suppose to get a call about the results of my phone interview...even though I knew they were poor...but I never received a call. If a company tells you they will call you and then doesn't...it looks really poor on their part.

Interview Questions

• You're given a database of email addresses and people under that email address. How would you insure there are no repeat email addresses or people in the database?   1 Answer