BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 5, 2017

3.1

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a Product Owner - Professional Services position, and got a call from an internal recruiter 2 weeks later.

1st phone interview: just a phone screening interview, the recruiter wasn't very keen to answer my questions.

2nd phone interview: after chasing the recruiter (2 emails in 3 weeks) another recruiter called me at the end of May (when I was already thinking that this process wasn't going anywhere) as apparently the former recruiter had left the company so she had been handed over his work.

3rd phone interview: with a Product Consultant. Quite vague interview, just went through my CV.

4rd on site interview: with a Product Consultant and the hiring manager. As per the HR's email:

- "Exploration of CV and any further technical/functional questions"
    - "Your motivation, career aspirations and goals – including your motivation in applying for this role"
    - I had been previously asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation on "work related topic ideally on a project you have been working on recently that highlights your experience and knowledge which relates to the role you have applied for, or for example, you could tell us about a work achievement you're proud of or a business issue you're particularly interested in. "
    - I was asked to resolved a logical puzzle and to write some algorithm in pseudo-code. This wasn't outlined by the previous HR email that detailed the selection process' stages.

Smooth, structured and scripted interview with typical questions. I was asked many technical questions during the presentation and after doing the puzzling 'puzzles stage' and asking them what was the day-to-day work of a Product Consultant, I understood they actually call a Product Consultant to an Implementation Engineer. Therefore the position is highly technical and barely involves any consulting work. I had also applied for a Product Owner position and I was being interviewed for a Product Consultant position, which doesn't relate really much to a Product Consulting job.

Result was a no-go for the 2 parts: I wasn't interested in that position and I just let them know. It was a bit awkward as the hiring manager didn't know anything about the position I had actually applied for. HR mistake, quite unprofessional, time wasting and disappointing for a company like BAE.

Interview Questions

• - Outline the pseudo-code for a logical problem.
      - Resolve a logical puzzle.   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two Stage Interview, first was a one-one interview about general competency. Second was developing on this as well as more specific questions regarding the role, even though the email states you will not need to know specific questions (naive of me). Second interview also had a presentation on a 'complex problem'.

Interview Questions

• A project is delayed and you are over budget. What do you do?   Answer Question

Delivery Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Application, Telephone Interview and Assessment Day.. Got to the assessment day and was told I'd hear back in a few days with the outcome. However, 2 weeks went by and I heard nothing. I chased it up and they gave me an excuse saying that they had just gotten the feedback in.. (ironic how it came the same day I chased it up) and the feedback had nothing to do with the role I applied for, I found the experience quite unprofessional if i'm honest and they took around 3 months to reimburse my travel expenses (after chasing that up about 10 times).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Travel expenses up to £100, took about 3 months to come through. Interview was probably just over an hour, mix of technical questions and 'curveball' questions. There was also a requirement to do a short 'technical presentation'. I tried to keep mine relatively simple as I didn't know who my interviewers would be. This was not well received in my interview, so I wouldn't be afraid to present something more technical and perhaps less accessible.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm in C to compute the Fibonacci numbers   Answer Question

Delivery Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st interview was basic competency questions, some problem solving questions, and very basic psuedo-coding questions.
    2nd interview was two and a half hours, with two interviewers, and consisted of going through and discussing your CV, some competency questions, a 15 - 20 minute presentation you give on a 'complex topic' (prepared in advance), and a case study.

Interview Questions

• Reasonably standard interview questions. Case study about creating a mobile application.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

3 stages:
    - Telephone interview with recruiter
    - Face to face interview with Project Manager and another person at the same level as yourself. Also, required to do a presentation on a data/analytics topic. Discuss background, capability, etc
    - Final interview with the head of the Data Practice. This was much more of a technical interview. Also, there were real scenarios that they wanted you to see how you would propose a solution

Interview Questions

• Scenarios around a specific project that BAE Applied Intelligence wanted to test your problematic/analysis skills   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Firstly I was called up by someone at recruitment and asked some basic questions about my motivation for the role, why I applied and my background. They then explained the role in a bit more detail and said that they'd pass my details on.

I was then invited for a one-on-one interview in their London office. This lasted about 45 minutes and was quite simple. Basically just reviewing my CV, and asking me some classic competency questions, asking me to use the stuff in my CV as an example ("Tell me how you helped solve a difficult problem in your last job" etc.). I was also asked a logic question (how much water passes past one spot in the Thames in 24 hours) and was given ten minutes and some pencil and paper to estimate the answer.

I passed this stage of the application and was then offered a final interview (in London again) with 2 members of the consultant team (one new, one relatively senior) and was also told to prepare a 15-20 minute presentation on a "complex problem". I chose my dissertation topic from uni. They were polite and friendly, and during my presentation asked lots of questions. My presentation was about 10/12 minutes long and they commented afterwards that it was a little short so make sure to fill the time. The whole interview lasted about 90 minutes. They again asked me about my CV (in more detail this time), also asking me competency questions based around my extra curricular activities. They asked me how I would behave in certain scenarios (how would you give a technical presentation to a non-technical audience etc.). They also asked me about BAE, and wanted to know how much I knew about the business (what I thought the role entailed, what I thought Applied Intelligence did, what clients/competitors they had etc.), so make sure you do your research beforehand. They asked me about why I chose BAE specifically. The last 10 minutes of the interview involved them telling me more about the role, what kind of work I'd be doing and letting me ask any questions about it.

The HR team were quick with their correspondence at each stage, and informed me within a week that I hadn't got an offer. They offered me some feedback from both my interviews, where they said I didn't respond to prompts to offer more information about myself and didn't sell myself enough, so make sure you're not too humble/reserved.

Technical Delivery Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phases, first one a cv review and basic assessment of technical understanding, second phase was more technical including a 15 minute presentation on a complex topic.

Overall the interview process was quick and the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• How many litres of water crosses one point of the river Thames in 24 hours?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

My first interview in the London office was good. This was a 1 hour talk one-on-one about my CV, strengths, weaknesses, reasons for applying to the company and scheme etc as in any normal interview. There was also a case study to do with the amount of storage it would require to record every car journey in the UK in a month. Although this was quite difficult the interviewer helped me along the way and was generally very friendly and informative. I received generally positive feedback and after chasing up a couple of weeks later with many calls, I finally got through to the recruiter who said I had been invited to a second interview.

The second interview was a shambles. Part of the feedback I got from from the first interview is that my CV/experience was well suited to the Data Analysis roles, and they'd try and find a relevant team senior person for the second interview. After another couple of weeks and calls every other day, I finally got through to the recuiter again who said they'd organised a slot for me, and this interview would involve a 15 min presentation on 'a complex problem'. Thats all the information I got. I sent numerous emails and calls asking for a bit more guidance, and also if there would be a whiteboard available, but got no response. I hoped for the best chose to present on a project I did for an internship during university.

Fast forward to the interview and after being made to wait about half an hour after the start time, I was asked pretty much exactly the same questions to the first interview (I dont know why) by a recent graduate and a more senior manager. I was surprised to find out he was largely involved in Business Management, something I wasn't well suited for or was suggested for after the first interview. Nevertheless I went with it and the presentation went fine. The case study though was incredibly difficult. I was given 2 x A4 sheets of paper; a letter explaining the scenario and a sheet with roughly 100 bits of data. I was given 4 minutes to read the letter, all the information, come up with an argument to convince a business person to buy a product using all the data at your disposal. After the 4 minutes was up I had to do a role play with the senior person and convince them. I was overwhelmed by all the information, and this case study was far more difficult than the first.

I read interview reviews on this site of people being asked to calculate the amount of tennis balls that would fit in a car, something that would be far easier. Overall the feedback I got was that I didnt have the commercial know-how they were looking for in a business consulting role (annoying seeing as my first interviewer suggested me for a data analysis role) and also that I struggled with the case study (which I guess is luck of the draw as to what type you get).

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

1 interview only with senior consultants, mostly technical. I met 2 senior consultants and they asked me some questions about my technical knowledge and previous work experience and previous projects I worked on. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• My previous work experiences (I was asked to prepare a short presentation about myself). Security Risk Assessments, people management.   Answer Question