BAE Systems UK Interview Questions in Filton, England | Glassdoor

BAE Systems UK Interview Questions in Filton, England

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Filton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Filton, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Application form filled in and CV sent. A short phone interview with HR department. Attended an interview on sight a Filton.

The panel was made up of two people who were friendly and professional. At first they asked me to explain my career to date and we talked at length about my experience and how it related to the job I was applying for. They then asked me why did I want to work for BAE. Then we went in to the competency based part of the interview. They asked me about a series of skills and asked me to give an previous example of when I have demonstrated the specific
    skill. The whole process took about 1 hour. They asked me to say what I though the Salary for this role would be approximately. The interviewers have no control over the offer that is down to HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BAE systems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I was offered the role I was originally offered £35000 starting salary. I managed to negotiate this up to £38000. They said they would not go any higher. I believe that HR have a salary band that they can not go outside of. The amount depends on the roles grade.

Document Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Filton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Filton, England (UK)) in August 2008.

Interview

I was recruited for a new secure project on the Filton site; they loved me at interview and were keen to get me on site. Weeks went by and no contract; I turned away another prospect in the interim.

Very uncommunicative headhunter who *finally* admitted that they had NEVER had an approved budget to recruit for the project in question.

Interview Questions

• Irrelevant given their dishonesty in not declaring the facts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All hot air and no substance.