BAE Systems UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Houston, TX).

Interview

I started as a temporary employee; the job was supposed to last no longer than 2 weeks. The company contacted the employment agency and asked for me to be hired permanently. The original company was Stewart & Stevenson; bought by Armor Holdings in 2004: bought by BAE Systems in 2005. The initial hiring process was very easy. Once inside the company, I only had to interview for the position of the President's secretary; the other promotions were due to education.

Interview Questions

• I was sent by an employment agency for a temporary job. I did not have to interview; there were no questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy to get a job back in 1987 when I took this temporary job; I did not ask any questions regarding salary, vacation, etc.

Management Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

they have a san diego office and san francisco office. depends where they want to see you. most times, they will pay for your accommodations. you sit in HR, fill out paperwork which takes up to two days of video watching and testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a technical interview done over Skype. The level of difficulty of the technical questions was quite high. That was followed up by a formal face to face interview with the project manager, the site manager and a senior technical consultant for BAE at the client site.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my general IT experience and my specific skill level as it pertained to the job requirements.   1 Answer

Prorgram Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

Interview

Basic Interview and tour of yard. Company does not take a long time in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Norfolk, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. First is a pre screen to look at salary and qualification by the recruiting team. The second interview is with the manager to discuss specifics. They don't do reference checks usually but you need to have them ready. Military experience is a plus since they are a defense contractor.

Nontechnical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Nashua, NH) in May 2011.

Interview

They first described the position and asked what projects I would be interested in. After they asked me questions about past experience for example "tell me about a time when you lead a group" "tell me about a time when you made a mistake" "what are your strengths and weaknesses". etc I then asked them questions. they responded with an offer after 2 weeks.

Lead Analytic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Herndon, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

HR called me on a former employee referal, after which they set up- a phone interview for the following week. Prior to the phone interview, HR, sent the job description and all other employment paperwork to include SF86. I felt this was strange not even having an interview yet. Intervirew was fast and covered my Resume

Interview Questions

• What would you say your proficiency is with UNIX or Lenus   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenlawn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Greenlawn, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

After meeting with the BAE representative at my school's career fair, showing a resume, and dropping the names of two classmates who they had previously hired, I was immediately offered an interview for the next morning. The interview was with the same representative I met at the career fair, and he was very personable and helpful. His schedule capped the interview time at 30 minutes per candidate, but I believe that we would have reached around an hour had this time limit not been a factor. At the time of this writing, BAE is still compiling candidates and figuring out who they want to call back for a second round of interviews; the delay is largely because the appropriate manager has been away recently. All I know at this point is that I'm "still under consideration", but I remain hopeful.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Everything went very smoothly and predictably. I believe that the second round of interviews will be more demanding, however.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Warren, MI) in May 2008.

Interview

Great interview easy going, got a job offer.

Accepted another offer

SummerFinance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Completed an online application form including CV. Then I was asked to complete situational strengths, verbal and numerical tests. Was then offered a video interview on HireVue platform, where I was asked 10 questions, having 30 seconds to prepare then up to 3 minutes to verbally say my answers. The questions were situational based rather than competency based.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer situations with variety and flexibility, or a structured environment?   Answer Question