BAE Systems USA Interview Questions in Binghamton, NY | Glassdoor

BAE Systems USA Interview Questions in Binghamton, NY

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a two day process. On the first day, people arrived at the hotel. When all applicants had gathered (around 20 or so), we were taken via shuttle to the facility and given a brief tour. Then they treated everyone to a nice sit-down dinner at a local country club, after which they had a presentation about the program by a couple ELDP graduates who answered any questions we had.
    The next day was the interviewing. Every applicant was interviewed by two different groups of interviewees. Neither of these was strictly HR or Techincal; they were a mix of both. They treated us to a catered lunch, and again answered any questions we had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with another group member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY).

Interview

Interact with current ELDP people. Gave presentation at interview itself based off of me. Answered some systems engineering questions. Received a tour of facility. Panel of ELDP who discussed their experiences and lifestyle at and around the company.

Technical Intern III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Binghamton, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

~30min. phone interview that covered a moderate range of questions. The interviewers consisted of the hiring manager and a senior principal engineer of the team I would be working with. The interview was short and they asked straightforward questions. Both technical and background questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Q: (Java) What is the difference between public, private, and protected? (access-modifiers)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very brief.

Controls ELDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Binghamton, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about a week later. Participated in a half an hour phone interview and at the end of it was told that they will get back to me. About a week later, they called me to schedule a two day on-site interview. The first day was laid back. They gave us a tour of the facility and provided us dinner. The following morning, we had the interview which lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the undergraduates?
      Where do you see yourself, five years from now?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Binghamton, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

After the application, there was a phone screen first where an employee (senior ELDP member) asked questions about interests, GPA, etc. Then during the interview, we met the people that phone screened us, including a number of other employees that were involved in giving tour. Very fun interview. Much food was provided. Lunch, dinner, and breakfast. The second day had early interview after breakfast and snacks were served during a presentation given another employee. A lot of information and questions were answered. Afterwards, there was a panel where some of the employees were given a private room to talk to the candidates and answer any questions that were much less professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked to do a presentation/case study on ourselves. Followed up with questions about the presentation. Behavioral questions. Describe a time where you had issues with a coworker/teammate, and how did you resolve it. How would unload a 777x plane full of jelly beans   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very quick phone interview, but two of the people I was supposed to interview with were unavailable at the time, so it may be longer and more intense for other. Got an offer immediately after.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Get scheduled for an interview. Meet with the hiring manager and any additional people he invited. (Company rules require that all interviewees meet with the same interview panel. All interviews are one hour and all the same questions have to be asked for each interview.)

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard process for most companies today: (1) Application via online form, (2) contacted by HR for phone screen, (3) in-person interview. I never spoke to a hiring manager via the phone, went right from speaking with HR to being brought in for face-to-face. In-person interview was scheduled quickly and to fit my schedule; it consisted of two (2) panel interviews with three people each. First hour long interview was with three (3) senior level engineers and second hour long interview was with three (3) managers. Standard behavior based questions and time for open dialog with both groups. No surprises, easy interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate with a recruiter who is your liason to the hiring manager and approval chain.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview in the first round asking general behavioral style questions. This was followed by an on site interview a week later which encompasses further behavioral questions with a senior manager followed by technical questions involving knowledge of both Microsoft Excel usage and how to utilize net present value to find the potential value of future projects.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to utilize pivot charts on Microsoft Excel   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Vestal, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied by on campus recruiting, single interview with two recruiters. Total time approximately 30 minutes. Interviewers were new at the company and so

Recruiters were friendly and seemed to be impressed by my answers to questions regarding creativity and leadership, and so it was unexpected when they did not respond post-interview to emails regarding the recruitment process. While they displayed friendly and courteous attitudes in person, I felt it was unprofessional that they did not respond.

I found it frustrating that I never received so much as a canned email thanking me for applying, let alone a response from the recruiters or HR to let me know whether or not I would receive another interview.

Interview Questions

• A production system can process one unit every ten minutes. Eleven units arrive per hour. Do you think this is a good system? If not, how would you improve it?   1 Answer