BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BAE Systems USA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.5

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview was performed. Very basic interview, but was questioned distinctively about background knowledge. Was asked about resume and specific details. Asked to talk about specific times from resume. Own the interview and it is a no brainer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH).

Interview

There was an initial screening at a university fair followed by a telephone conversation with an HR recruiter. There were then 3 interviews with senior finance managers that took place in person. The final interview was with the most senior finance manager in the current sector.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hill AFB, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Hill AFB, UT).

Interview

I applied online on 8/1/2016 and received an email from the talent recruiter to set up a phone interview. Asked a few questions about when I can start and if this salary range was acceptable. Had my phone interview with the Project Manager and two engineers within the group on 8/20/2016. He talked about the position entailed and the future of the group. Questions were behavioral and my background. Nothing technical was asked, was a mixture of whether I was confident I could perform the job and if I had a similar mindset as the group. Very pleasant experience. I would know a decision within 2 weeks. I received an email in about 2 weeks that I was not selected and then another email about 2 weeks later if still wanted the job.

For a large defense company, it was odd that I received an offer without an on-site visit and there were no funds to cover travel expenses or relocation assistance. However, everyone I had contact with was very nice and understanding of my concerns since I live in California. I had other better prospects and respectfully declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Phone screen interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Performed by a current member of the ELDP program clearly filling out a checklist questionnaire. Despite the feel that the interviewer was just performing the screening and would not actually be involved in the decision process, he claimed to actually be leading the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you've had to do as a leader in an extracurricular activity?   Answer Question

Proposal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (York, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The application process with this company was truly awful. No one was on the line at the time of my scheduled phone screen. The recruiter wouldn't get back to me about rescheduling. After finally getting an in-person interview, they never did "let [me] know," despite my repeated inquiries about the status of the search over a period of weeks and months. It's a bureaucratic maze and no one gives you the time of day.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you didn't like about your last job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Hudson, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

Very brief and basic. Can you take orders? We have plenty of work. I have hired folks with degrees that don't want the entry level job and leave. I explained that I want longevity and I am a worker bee. He said ok. I was immediately hired only to find out that what I was doing was Asset Control which is administrative in nature yes, but the person hired has to fit into the culture there, which I understood.

Interview Questions

• This is an entry level job, can you do this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not negotiable. Was told that those who tried were denied an interview. Hiring manager's stance was to understand as a student what the company was all about and layer building blocks as you advance over time.

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through university website and got an email about a week later. Had a phone interview on fit and behavioral questions. Heard back about three weeks later that I did not get the position. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial screening online in their recruiting process, then phone screening followed by phone interviews. Once phone process was completed I did a Skype interview as I was overseas. Then they made their offer and I accepted

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    • If you had a supervised employee who was not performing to standards, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made their offer and no negotiation possible. I tried to get additional benefits, but no changes permitted

BAE Systems USA Response

Aug 30, 2016 – Employment Brand & Operations Specialist

Thank you for your review and welcome to BAE Systems!

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Lorton, VA).

Interview

Technical but you can get thru it if you know what your doing keep thoughts clear and do not stray away from the subject. To much info will cause you to fail

Good

Automotive Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

I had a on the phone interview, I was questioned on my job knowledge. Once the process was completed I was sent a list of tools and where to begin my inprocess with the company.

Negotiation

I received an email offer letter.