BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was about 3.5 hours. First 15 minutes was a review of benefits and company policies. After that there was 3 separate interviews by a different person. The questions varied depending on the person who was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. What projects I worked on. There was only a handful of technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for position in San Diego with panel over the phone. Got a phone call the Thursday after with an offer and settled on a number with a commitment from Talent Acquisition rep to send it over on Monday. Monday arrives, and receive email asking me to sign offer letter. I review it to find the amount much lower than discussed--10K below market for the position--with no explanation! Responded assuming it must be a mistake, but talent acquisition folks offer no explanation about the change and refuse to negotiate.

While this is only one experience, the initial bait-and-switch, refusal to negotiate, lack of stock/profit sharing, unexplained and seemingly illegal application of Exempt status below the minimum salary threshold for computer technical workers, and much lower than normal decision time (3 days vs 2 weeks) leads me to decline the offer and damaged my impression of BAE. Time better spent applying elsewhere.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Seemingly place to work. But a salary of at least 10K less than market value and a team of at least a dozen other analysts telling me THEY know Compensation. Where do I sign?! Not for me...

Interview Questions

• Why don't I take a certain item on my resume?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH) in December 2016.

Interview

First Interview was on the phone and lasted 30 minutes. Asked about why I wanted to work at BAE, What was the hardest class that I took. Which class I disliked and liked and why. Also was asked about projects on my resume. Two weeks later, I was flown up to Nashua, NH for 2 days. They paid for flight, rental car and room. Interview started at 9am was interviewed by 6 people individually. Each interview was 30 minutes long. Make sure you know everything on your resume in detail. Anything on there is fair game. Because this was for a technical position, I was also asked about test software used in my previous school and internships, they also asked technical questions pertaining to my resume. Overall it was easy going and everyone was extremely nice. Act professional, confident and a team player. I can't emphasis enough knowing everything on your resume. After the interview, I was given a verbal offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sterling Heights, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

They interviewed and based all of their questions on the star method. They even told you how to respond to follow the STAR method. the entire team was there for the interview so it was somewhat intimidating interviewing in front of 7 people.

Interview Questions

• describe one time where you and your boss did not see eye to eye. What happened and how was the issue resolved.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Required to prepare a technical presentation and brief to the group. Was told specifically that the content of the brief did not matter, as it was an assessment of how the candidates carried themselves to higher ups. Audience was primarily working level engineers, not management, who appeared to ask questions of how the brief related to their work. Full day interview consists of hour long interviews with technical team asking how the brief related to the specific problems they were solving. Was left with the impression that they may have been fishing for techniques from competitor companies, rather than filling a position.

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Poor preparation of interviewers. Lacked the ability to articulate the culture, the company strategy or vision of senior leadership. A disappointment for a global defense company. Caliber of interviewing managers was not the A Team.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me about yourself". each reviewer read words from a paper.   Answer Question

ELDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a two day process. On the first day, people arrived at the hotel. When all applicants had gathered (around 20 or so), we were taken via shuttle to the facility and given a brief tour. Then they treated everyone to a nice sit-down dinner at a local country club, after which they had a presentation about the program by a couple ELDP graduates who answered any questions we had.
    The next day was the interviewing. Every applicant was interviewed by two different groups of interviewees. Neither of these was strictly HR or Techincal; they were a mix of both. They treated us to a catered lunch, and again answered any questions we had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with another group member?   Answer Question

CIAT SIGINT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call same day as resume submitted. Quick talk with recruiter and was able to get security checks started. Lots of paperwork as normal. Once that was all complete it was mostly waiting to hear back about a mandatory class for the position. The job was in Afghanistan and required an 8 week class. Class was very easy if you had done the job before as you should have, some struggled due to its fast pace. Base salary stateside is low, but per diem made up for it. Deployed pay is excellent.

Interview Questions

• General background questions and places worked prior and what mission.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview was performed. Very basic interview, but was questioned distinctively about background knowledge. Was asked about resume and specific details. Asked to talk about specific times from resume. Own the interview and it is a no brainer.