BAE Systems USA Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BAE Systems USA Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH) in March 2017.

Interview

Sat with 3 project managers, asked about me and my experience, told me about what they do here and how I'd fit in. Was a pleasant interview and they were interested in pitching the company to me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BAE Systems USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sterling Heights, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

One hour long, initial phase interview took a place only with hiring manager. He briefly talked about the company, asked how much I knew about the company prior, explained more, 20 minutes out of one hour long interview was all about the company. 10 minutes at the end briefly discussed to explain working hours etc. He already had a paper full of questions which was covered in 30 minutes, and answered them one by one.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Met with the engineering manager in Mt. Laurel, NJ. About a 30-40 minute interview. Seemed like they had already made their decision and the interview was a formality to be honest. Was asked about my resume and then the manager just explained the job and tried to sell me on the job, talking about all the cool things they do at BAE.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Middletown, RI) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application and heard back two months later. After an email and an initial phone screening I was brought in for an interview. I met with three mechanical engineers and we talked mostly about my background and experiences in school. At the end I was presented with a written test asking basic engineering questions, and I was also asked to model a small component in Solidworks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an unexpected setback you encountered in a project and explain your approach to resolving it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sterling Heights, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty intimidating at first, but then became much more laid back. Initially I walked into a room with three screens in front of me with people from across the United States ready to interview me (along with two other engineers in person). They started off with resume questions, and then moved on to what I call the "have you" questions, i.e. have you written a technical report for the military, have you worked on this computer program, have you worked on this 3D modeling program, etc. Finally, they did a get to know you part, asking what you do in your personal life and what you enjoy. All in all it was one of the better interview processes I have had. They were fairly quick with the initial process and gave me a straight forward timeline.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever submitted a Test Procedure for a military vehicle?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2014.

Interview

I only landed one interview, and it was a fairly easy interview, but I think I stumbled a little bit and did not get a call back. It was more personal than I thought and more behavioral questions were asked. In fact, no question pertaining to my engineering knowledge was asked. I interviewed through my university, so location was not an issue. It lasted about 30 minutes, but I suspect that was longer than my interviewer anticipated.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

First point of contact was at an onsite recruitment event after graduating college. I was contacted a couple weeks later by a recruiter or an in person interview with 2 hiring managers. The interview was very general in nature about my background with no technical questions for this entry level engineering position. After following up with the recruiter several times I received a written offer in the mail a couple months.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was more of a get to know you kind of gig.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because they offered my asking salary from my application in the written offer.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview took about 3 hrs. I talked to an HR rep, three engineers on the team and the hiring manager. Everyone was very friendly and I got a good idea as to how it would be to work there. Everyone reviewed my resume and asked me to describe the items I had on it.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational. They showed me projects they were working on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview went well, seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself growing in our community?   Answer Question
    • What kind of expereinces do you have that independently show us you can work well here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed in the "speed dating" version of the group interview. I spoke to 4 hiring managers, one at a time for 15 min each. At the end I had no idea how I did. Some of the managers seemed like they were being bothered to be interviewing potential new hires others seemed actually interested in what I had to say. A week later I had a offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Explain this water bottle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They claim to not counter offer but this is on a case by case basis. Try to negotiate in a creative way.