BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The entire experience was very pleasant and fluid. Everyone involved was responsive and helpful, and worked diligently to get me an offer in a timely manner. The group interviews consisted of 1:1s with the entire team, which made the day pretty long but well worth it when trying to get a feel for a dept. - Something to expect when working on a small team. The team offered pretty honest feedback and provided insights which helped with the decision making. Overall, one of the best interviews I had while job searching.

Interview Questions

• With an unlimited budget, how you build your marketing campaign?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Super easy interview process, not bad at all. I got recommended from a friend and came in for short interview that only took around 25 minutes. The girl who interviewed was super friendly and sweet, and definitely took the pressure off. I believe most of their employees get interviews by applying online, and then they get called in if they meet all of the qualifications.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was no phone interview. Was just called in for a 4 hour interview with 6 people. Interviewed 1.5 hours with hiring manager then 30 interviews for the rest.

The evnironment was not what i was expecting for a gaming company. The people did not seem very happy or friendly.

What was the worse was, that after coming in for a 4+ hour interview, was not even given a courtesy email saying they had decided on someone else or decided to pass on me. Just a common courtesy for wasting 4 hours on an interview!

Interview Questions

• What did you do at other jobs? What would you design for this scenario, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I reached out to the recruiter via LinkedIn and she responded within a matter of hours. Fortunately I also had an employee referral. She worked very quickly to set up the interview panel within 5 business days. I spoke with 5 employees individually that I would be interacting with on a regular basis. I would have preferred to double-up on some of the interviews as I ended up repeating myself a lot for each one but fortunately I like to hear myself talk ;) . They needed to conduct a few more interviews for due process but submitted an offer another 5 business days later. I greatly appreciated their haste in expediting the process and everyone along the way was totally professional, especially the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about video production?   1 Answer

Lead In the Production Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I originally interviewed for a different position. That process took about two weeks, with one phone interview and an onsite interview with several team members and HR personnel. It was very well organized, everybody was on time and well prepared. And no last minute substitutes which at other companies indicates to me that people don't really care.
    This was one interview if not the only one I had in my career where I could feel that each interviewer was genuinely interested in finding the right person for this job.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about "selling" ideas for improvements to an otherwise reluctant group of people that is set in their ways?   Answer Question

Director of Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment in May 2015.

Interview

Read the other interview reviews, they're dead on. This company does not respect your time, nor do they follow up with you in an appropriate amount of time, or in an acceptable way. 20 minute phone interview, plus TWO in person interviews, and then silence. Sent an email to the HR manager which wasn't answered. Followed with a phone call and was blown off. Then received a cookie cutter email regarding the process, followed by a rejection email two weeks later. Two in person interviews at their office and they notify you thru email. Absolutely classless and a reflection of their company and the way they likely treat their employees. Probably a blessing in disguise. As the job market improves, these folks are going to be in trouble.

Interview Questions

• only specific to the resume. nothing that would entice a thoughtful answer   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This was the most drawn out interview process - I had one phone interview and three onsite interviews over the span of several months. I was also tasked with doing a case and had two days to complete it. The Hiring Manager told me that it was down to me and another candidate. It has now been over 4 weeks and I have not received any notification or a response to my follow-up email.

I took three days off from my current job (one day off for each onsite interview) plus spent an inordinate amount of time writing the case response -- only to hear absolutely nothing back from the company. It's been an incredibly disappointing interview experience to say the least. If this is any indication of how they treat prospective employees, I can't help but wonder how they treat current employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't all that difficult, but I did get a case question.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with the hiring manager relatively quickly. The call went well and I was asked to come in for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was comprised of 30 minute segments with members of the current team, some from outside the team and the usual HR segment. The schedule was really compressed and we ended up going past the 30 minute mark for most of the scheduled parts of the interview. I thought it went well based on comments the interview team made but there wasn't what I would consider to be a deep technical dive. Most on the interview team would ask a question about something on my resume with no further follow up to my answer and then move to the next question. There was no written programming test nor any kind of problem solving questions as I experienced with other on-site interviews and which I make sure to have when my teams in the past are doing the interviewing. The HR rep seemed the most prepared with written questions on people management scenarios and making notes.

I was told they would try to get back to me in about a week after the interview. I did my first follow up in a week and a day and they said they were still in process. At the 3 week mark I following up again and was told they were still interviewing. Now approaching 2 months I tried again for some update just to wrap things up but didn't receive any response at all after several days. I don't mind not getting the job but it's frustrating for them to not be able to give a "no" in a reasonable timeframe and to also go silent without replying.

Interview Questions

• I got a few odd questions from one interviewer about current topics in the news relating to finance and international events. With less than 30 minutes for our part of the interview, I hoped he would ask some technical deep dive questions, problem solving or whiteboard work.   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A QA Lead was needed for our department. With my years of QA experience and my roles as a Lead and Supervisor at other jobs I acquired the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were what I expected. I suppose the hardest question was how to deal with employees in a hostile environment since it varies from case to case.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation occurred. The pay upgrade with benefits was all I was seeking.

QA Tester Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Namco contracts all their QA tester positions to local staffing agencies. If you don't mind the low $11 wages, and the low-respected grunt work and arrogance of the supervisors, take it. For college graduates, I recommend steering clear.

The QA tester positions are usually posted on job networks such as craigslist. You submit your resume to the e-mail on file, and if the staffing agency is interested, then they'll give you a call to set up an interview with them. You'll do a grammar and spelling test and need to score at least an 85% on it. If you do, they will submit your profile to Namco and once Namco responds, they set up an interview with Namco(usually the next day.)

The interview with Namco themselves is a bit intimidating. You'll be interviewed by two supervisors who like to will test your memory on what their names were when they first introduced themselves, and ask you to memorize a magazine page for 30 seconds and answer questions on what you recalled from it. They'll ask you if you are willing to work overtime on a regular basis, and the usual...

If you are offered employment, don't get too excited. What they don't mention in the interview/nor the staffing company mentions that the first week(training week) is a "tryout" period to see whether you're cut out to be a QA tester. Even if you show up to work on time, do a good job, you still may not make the cut. Knowing this, don't tell too many people that you found a job because you'll look foolish if you end up not making it.

They have a limited number of database machines that you will use to report bugs. The 5 computers that they do have run on pentium 3 processors and date back to the 90s. During training week, you'll be testing on a Playstation 2 console. The vibe overall is pretty cool, the people are nice(95% male), however the supervisors are quite condescending and LOVE to make you feel stupid, whenever they can.

During training week, they threatened to fire us every single day if the quality of our bugs were not up to par/if we were late or if we checked e-mail during work hours. If you don't mind the abuse, given the economy, give it a shot. For college graduates, I'd recommend trying longer with companies that will pay you the money you deserve for your four year degree.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your memory ability is from a scale of 1 to 10?....Do you mind if we put that to the test?   1 Answer
    • What was the most recent game you beat on a console? What was the hardest part of the game, and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because they only contract QA positions with staffing companies, you are stuck with the $11 an hour.