BASF Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Having read all interview reviews on this site, I'm disappointed that no one clearly stated the actual interview format. Posts like, "typical behavioral questions" and "read up star format" are not helpful at all. BASF follows a competency/behavioral format with a short case statement (like 5 sentences) followed by a question which you're required to use the STAR technique to narrate a scenario similar to that.

For example, if you applied for a Business analyst position. Read the job description to identify at least 6 personal key competencies for that position and be prepared to talk extensively about it. If a key competency is communication, create answers that address that competency using S.T.A.R. Don't waste your time on other competencies like "meeting deadlines" which may not apply to that position.

Not intimidating. HR phone -> Hirevue interview -> Panel interview (4 people including HR).

Interview Questions

• 90% Competency-based questions relating to the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

After meeting with someone at a career fair there was a Phone interview and site visit with several one on one interviews. They were fairly quick to respond (3 weeks). They asked mostly behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you had to work in a team/tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict/tell me about a time when you felt under prepared).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview at first with HR, then will have a face to face interview with senior management and group you will be working with. Long process, will take about 3 weeks to hear back. After, you might wait a month or two to get hired. Make sure to be prepared and do your research on the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had a chance to go back, what will you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BASF (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2008.

Interview

Smooth as long as you know something.

Interview Questions

• Stupid HR generic questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process separates into 4 sessions and it takes 3 hours to proceed. They will interview to find out your job competency - Skills, knowledge and attitude.
    However, only shortlisted candidates are notified for getting an offer from BASF. There is no feedback from recruiter if you are not selected.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview with the hiring manager and HR. I requested for the video interview since I lived quite far from the office in KL. Basic interview questions and also some questions that requires you to give suggestions on how to solve daily work task and challenges in solving work task. Interview lasts for 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve communication issues between colleagues in your department?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)).

Interview

The interview day was a bit chaotic, but people were nice and the overall procedure was not stressful. I talked with 4-5 people in total and gave a short presentation.

What was frustrating is the feedback part. The feedback was delayed by 2 weeks comparing to the indicated day and was quite surprising. The company called my previous employer (who was very positive about his recommendation in call) and all of a sudden I receive a call with rejection, with super-vague reasoning: lack of communication and technical skills (which is weird because I didn't have a single technical question).

The HR-manager was not able to elaborate further, because she said that this is the only feedback she got. And my inquiry about a more detailed reasoning to the head of the department was simply ignored. I believe, that if people spend considerable amount of time in interview and its preparation, they deserve to receive more information than simple "no".

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Zug (Switzerland)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a friendly introduction where I could introduce myself to the interviewer and highlight my accomplishments and strengths. After this part there were some general questions about myself and about the courses I had taken so far and in what regard they taught me things. Before discussing availability we talked about certain statistical concepts.