BASF Chemist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Chemist Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Iselin, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Got an one-demand interview 2 days after online submission. Two months later, got an onsite interview invitation. Travel expense was covered. The interview started with 90 min presentation with a 6-member panel in present followed by one to one 30-min interview. The whole process went quite well but somehow felt the panel members were very impatient. I think they might already have right one before my on-site interview. The decision was sent to me like a normal rejection email after two weeks without any helpful information. You will never grow even after 100+ interviews like that. I will be more happier if they can send me more feedback on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Almost every behavior questions; weak points, things that you feel proud of, how to deal with hard working time...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Chemist Interview

Interview

I only have the opportunity to get a phone interview. The questions were very basic, like what are your weakness? and also they make sure that you have the qualifications for their position. The HR person was nice and familiar with the resume. However, I never heard from them back.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be in front of an instrument most of the day? Why.?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF (Somerset, NJ) in April 2008.

Interview

I was given a quiz about general chemistry topics - Lewis diagrams, molarities, acids and bases, etc. They gave me an introduction to the chemistry behind what they do, and a tour of the lab. I met with 3 people. They didn't seem to care all that much about my background. Just showed up, and received an offer the following day.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BASF in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very slow, took 3+ months. The onsite interview is very short and does not provide enough opportunity to learn about the position, team, or highlight your skills. Asked for a lab tour, none provided. Main HR person and interview team seemed very nice. Overall process was not personable. I asked for feedback after the interview and none was provided.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had multiple interviews (3) at this company and not on a single one I obtained a positive experience. It right after middle school when I was applying for vocational training.

First of all, the tele service was really nice and supporting. The application process was fast I think (~4 weeks). I passed the first assessment center which was a test on the computer, including math, behavioral questions, concentration tests, etc. Quite comfortable.
    That's all about the positivity.

Now to the interviews: we started with a group interview followed by them interviewing everyone one by one. The group interview was basically them introducing us the company and the job. I would rather like to write about the single interview. Here the interviewers were not kind at all. They followed the basic kindness rules with questions like would you like to have some water, laughing and smiling kindly. But i swear there was mockery here an there and it was really uncomfortable - if not traumatizing to some extent. I was 15/16 and where experiencing my first interviews. Well. I had to prepare an essay about anything I would like to. I wrote about Taekwondo since it was my favourite hobby. They did neither touch it or mentioned it but it was printed out on the table next to them. "You seem well prepared *mocking laughter*". Until today I do not understand what they expected. That I knew out of my mind when the company was created? All in all, bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Please prepare an essay about any topic you wish.   Answer Question
    • if (length of x equals 2) and (length of z equals 5), what is the length of y.

Image included.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cholula, Puebla (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Cholula, Puebla (Mexico)) in January 2015.

Interview

Proceso muy largo. Entrevistas vía remota y una presencial. Las remotas son por aplicaciones de internet. La presencial tardaron mucho tiempo para que la cancelaran varias veces y pospusieran. Fue frente al director de la planta y otros allegados a él.