BASF Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

starts with a phone interview as it is a global company / you could have your supervisor in any other sate or country .

Interview Questions

• how can you handle the work load if the 8 hours are not enough? what would you do ?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I met them at a career fair and they offered me an interview for the next they. Then at the interview there was both an HR person and an Engineering person asking me questions

Interview Questions

• How many Jelly beans would it take to fill a swimming pool?   2 Answers

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

I had a video interview with a panel of lawyers from BASF and then flew to NJ to have individual interviews. However, no one could clearly tell me what the job entailed and the in-person interview did not include an interview with the person who would have been my manager. When I asked to meet with the manager, the BASF team seemed put-off and confused as to why I would want to meet with additional people after an already busy day of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about work experience, day-to-day tasks and career ambitions.   Answer Question

Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

On campus interview followed by on-site interview. Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks, but it took over 10 weeks to get a response despite following up as often as instructed by the recruiter. Was also told that I would receive feedback from the interview and found out (months later, again despite contact with the recruiter) that my files were never fully completed. Only had feedback from 2/5 interviewers. Overall, the process was extremely disorganized, confusing and disappointing. Turned down the offer because I don't want to work for a company that won't fulfill its promises to potential employees and lets recruits fall through the cracks.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions- conflict resolution, handling challenges   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Columbus, OH).

Interview

BASF visited my university and personally invited me to a dinner to learn more about the company. After the dinner I applied for the internship and was selected to interview a few weeks later.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Wilmington, DE) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face interview on site. I arrived 20 mins early due to a mandatory safety video I had to watch before the interview. I had to park across the street from the work site.

Interview Questions

• If you have a situation in which you do not understand you duties or feel unsafe what would you do?   1 Answer

Summer, Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Newark, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (West Newark, NY).

Interview

I spoke with them at a career fair on campus at a top finance school. We got along and they asked me if I'd like to interview on campus two days later. BASF then paid for my expenses to travel to their HQ for a second-round interview a few weeks later. Both interviews were light and conversational.

Interviewing consisted of a nice social event followed by three seperate interviews with members of the team the next day. Team was very nice.

There may have been a disconnect between the campus recruiter and management as they seemed to be looking for an upperclassmen studying accounting, neither of which I was. I'd consider applying here again later.

Interview Questions

• How does an internship at BASF fit into your post-graduation career goals?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Invited to an electronic interview process with questions asked by an automated system and the candidate is in front of their computer being video recorded. It is 5 random generated questions, the question appears before you and you have 30 seconds to prepare before it starts to record your responses (you have a limit of 2-3 minutes for a response). Only one question is shown to you at a time. Be prepared to wear business attire for the video interview. If you pass that, then you are invited on campus for a live panel interview where you have to prepare a business case. The business case is sent to a candidate 3 days prior to the interview on campus. It is up to the candidate if you want to prepare a PowerPoint or just speak to the business case. You have 15 minutes where you are required to present, 15 minutes for Q&A. After the presentation, the interview resumes with normal behavioral questions.

From a candidate experience, it is frustrating to complete a business case as a professional (I am not an unseasoned person just exiting college). The video interview is quite impersonal. As a first point of contact, it is unusual that I do not get to speak with a recruiter until I actually am invited into the on-site interview (where I have also completed a business case). It would be nice to speak with someone in advance to be able to ask questions prior to committing all this time.

Additionally, it has been weeks and I have not heard any response favorable or unfavorable.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to BASF/why BASF?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you needed to leverage your relationships to get a project done   Answer Question
    • How have you leveraged data analytics to develop an HR solution to a business problem?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Southfield, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter about a good time to call and then got a call to the discussed time. The recruiter asked some basic questions and explained about the company and why it would be good to work for BASF. She said that usually the hiring process takes quite a while but in this case they were looking for someone fast so it would go quick. She set me up with an interview just 3 days later and explained she will send me an email with all the information. I did ask if there is additional information to fill out and she said yes I will get an email. When the email didn't get there by that night I did ask for it per email again and got it instantly -I got the same email again the day of the interview which I assume would have been the automated email, so ask for that email to have time to fill the information out!

The in person interview was the best interview I have ever been to! It was not so much a getting the behavioral questions asked and you trying to answer the questions but it was a conversation and the behavioral questions were just in the conversation. It came easy and naturally.
    They did tell me they will decide that day and then do background checks etc.
    Sadly an internal candidate was picked for the position but it was still a great interview

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with a really difficult employee? How did you handle those interactions?   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great Interview process. Interviewers were very warm and welcoming. The questions were standard interview questions. I never felt pressured or stressed by the people conducting the interview. Interview was conducted in two stages. First was personality based and second was more technical questions

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to solve a problem by viewing it from someone else's perspective   Answer Question