BASF Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2017

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Interview was at least 45 minutes. Two people interviewed me. They assured me to be honest as much as possible about my past work experience . Try answering as if you are telling a story.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it
      Have you gone above and beyond the call of duty? If so, how   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

All I can assume is that they dont have their act together at all in their Talent Acquisition department. Constantly have roles open that they cant seem to fill either by contract or perm and dont follow up with candidates as to their interview status.

Interview Questions

• Spoke with several internal Talent Acquisition employees and had good conversations. We were supposed to go to the next steps. Then there was no follow up after checking in by both email and VM. You would think a large company like BASF would be able to manage the recruiting process more professionally.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

A one on one with current manager. This was followed by a panel. Gave a presentation in the panel interview. Answered technical and scenario questions during both the one on one and after the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the difference between abc and xyz. Know your technical details for a role pertaining to it.   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Interview

At first you go through hirevue where you do a one way interview. They ask questions and you do a video response. If Three like what they see they'll call for a face to fafe interview. Three people interviewing you. Very nice people. They'll call for a second interview if they want to move forward with you.

Interview Questions

• why would you want to work for BASF?   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at your company   Answer Question
    • tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time you made a presentation to others, what was the feedback, did the listeners understand   Answer Question
    • tell us how you're the best person for this job? how did you get into this field?   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Quincy, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to a Recruiter interview over the phone, then a Hirevue one-way internet interview. If they like your video you will be called for a face to face interview. HR is conducted in a professional way.Face to face is a panel interview with HR, Site manager and Operations VP,

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict.?   1 Answer
    • How will you see yourself within first 60 days if you are hired?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately 4 weeks from start to finish. I applied online and was contacted via email 2 weeks later. I did not have a phone screen, but interviewed with a panel of 4 managers. The interview lasted 1 hour and consisted of a series of approximately 30 behavior-based interview questions. The key is utilizing your experience to articulate multiple examples and showcase how you've handled situations in the past. I was contacted a week later with an offer. They have a very streamlined process for hiring and I certainly appreciate their timeliness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with diversity in the workplace, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that had a negative outcome, how did you handle it and what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter after applying for position. Then invited to complete online interview. Panel interview followed. The process has been positive thus far. Company has been very good communicating next steps and all employees have been very friendly. I'm documenting that i haven't received an offer, but that's only because I'm still waiting on a decision.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter a week later and asked me to complete a questionnaire. She did a phone screen with a week later. I was contacted by her again after a week to come in for in-person interview (panel). I sent thank you note after the interview and followed up twice but have not heard back and it has been almost a month. If my candidacy is no longer being considered, at least have the courtesy to respond. This definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Spring, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was requested to submit a video interview. I was invited to come in for a panel interview. The hiring manager was very nice and afable. The non hiring manager was very inquisitive, almost looking for a reason not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your everyday looks like?

Please describe the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyandotte, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Wyandotte, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted for half an hour. It was my 1st interview. I was able to answer maximum questions. The interviewer seemed very experience guy from the same field he was interviewing me for.