BASF Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

EHS Specialist Interview

Interview

At first you go through hirevue where you do a one way interview. They ask questions and you do a video response. If Three like what they see they'll call for a face to fafe interview. Three people interviewing you. Very nice people. They'll call for a second interview if they want to move forward with you.

Interview Questions

• why would you want to work for BASF?   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at your company   Answer Question
    • tell us about yourself   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time you made a presentation to others, what was the feedback, did the listeners understand   Answer Question
    • tell us how you're the best person for this job? how did you get into this field?   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Quincy, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I went to a Recruiter interview over the phone, then a Hirevue one-way internet interview. If they like your video you will be called for a face to face interview. HR is conducted in a professional way.Face to face is a panel interview with HR, Site manager and Operations VP,

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict.?   1 Answer
    • How will you see yourself within first 60 days if you are hired?   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter after applying for position. Then invited to complete online interview. Panel interview followed. The process has been positive thus far. Company has been very good communicating next steps and all employees have been very friendly. I'm documenting that i haven't received an offer, but that's only because I'm still waiting on a decision.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately 4 weeks from start to finish. I applied online and was contacted via email 2 weeks later. I did not have a phone screen, but interviewed with a panel of 4 managers. The interview lasted 1 hour and consisted of a series of approximately 30 behavior-based interview questions. The key is utilizing your experience to articulate multiple examples and showcase how you've handled situations in the past. I was contacted a week later with an offer. They have a very streamlined process for hiring and I certainly appreciate their timeliness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with diversity in the workplace, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that had a negative outcome, how did you handle it and what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter a week later and asked me to complete a questionnaire. She did a phone screen with a week later. I was contacted by her again after a week to come in for in-person interview (panel). I sent thank you note after the interview and followed up twice but have not heard back and it has been almost a month. If my candidacy is no longer being considered, at least have the courtesy to respond. This definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very pleasant interview process. Took about 2.5 from when I sent in my resume to getting the job offer. I spoke with three total people by the time all was said and done.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had some conflict with a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Finance Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Iselin, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process was long and there was not any communication. I applied on line and a month later I received an email for a web interview where I had to answer 7 questions. Then I had to prepare a 10 minute power point presentation for the day of the interview. On the day of the interview, they made me wait 15 minutes, I presented to a panel of 5 people who asked various questions. Most were standard questions. There was no diversity on the interview panel. I answered several questions for almost 1.5 half . They said they would get back to me in a couple weeks. They responded 5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How did you partner with the business? strengths, weaknesses, basic interview questions. why do you want to work for basf?   1 Answer

PDP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy. Had a behavioral and technical portion. Both were doable. You have to think on your feet. The technical portion wasn't that technical, more so business oriented. It was more behavioral though.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used another point of view to answer a question.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a one way video interview that I was invited to participate in. An email was sent to my inbox and I had to access a link before three business days. I was able to practice and check my microphone and camera with questions that were not used in the actual interview. The actual interview had 4 questions and I was not able to pause or rewind. I was given 30 seconds to prepare before the camera started to record and then I had 3 minutes per question to answer.

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Laid back interview. It was at the NSBE conference and was on site. I interviewed by the recruiter and I also was givin the opportunity to ask questions as well. Its been a 5 days since the interview and no response as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be a good fit for the position? and why?   Answer Question