BASF Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2017

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BASF Corporation in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very slow, took 3+ months. The onsite interview is very short and does not provide enough opportunity to learn about the position, team, or highlight your skills. Asked for a lab tour, none provided. Main HR person and interview team seemed very nice. Overall process was not personable. I asked for feedback after the interview and none was provided.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Roseland, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

They scheduled the interview to last an hour; which it did. I interview with five individuals within the department. The interviewers were courteous yet intense. Most of the interview questions were typical and a few more difficult questions to answer about the position. I got the impression that their work environment was very fast pace and stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you did not like doing in your last job?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

I applied online, contacted a recruiter through a job fair several weeks later, and the next day was given the chance to do a 1-way video interview. There were 8 questions and you had 2 minutes to answer it. It was very impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you'd like to share about your experience?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard from recruiter a week later, skipped the phone screening and went straight to the the panel of 4 interview (which I thought was both efficient and odd). Was asked roughly 20-30 generic behavior based questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Many multiple part questions --- Ex: Describe a time when... How did ____, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Phoneton, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview asking for skills and capabilities in the research area. Both soft and hard skill type of questions. Also questions around company and business strategy and my efforts to influence it. Overall, more probing on the experiences in various roles vs a specific type of skillset.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research experience in the base chemicals area.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clute, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Clute, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Due to me receiving a scholarship, I was emailed to test and interview in the same day. I enjoyed the process it went really good ! Test is on a computer and you find out if you passed the same day....the test is mechanical aptitude very easy however, the interview was fairly hard & brushing up on basics is very important because mechanical questions will be asked. Practice in the mirror don't be nervous and remember you are selling yourself to this company !

Interview Questions

• What is a centrifugal pump ?   Answer Question
    • What is a distillation column ? Where does the vapor go ?   1 Answer
    • How do you block off a cooling tower ?   1 Answer

Regulatory Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Very long wait from application to interview. Company is in no hurry to hire new employees started with phone interview then a few weeks later a face to face theb in yet anothrr fee weeks another gace to face...still waiting for decision

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

i applied online, and did a one on one phone interview. The entire process took 3 months. i applied online, and did a one on one phone interview. The entire process took 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you made and how did you go about fixing it.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Online Interview asking 5 questions, given 3 minutes to answer each question, the manager than reviews the video and either offers you employment or moves on. If offered, the contractor then calls you offering the employment and gives you a bunch forms to complete online.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

They utilize a very clear, concise planning, interviewing and selection procedures. If you are selected as an candidate then you are in serious consideration for the opening or position. If you interview please bring your "A" game. We only want the best of the best!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ensure to have your figures identified before interviewing. This is to ensure to expedite the selection and hiring policies.