BASF Corporation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.9

PDP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career website. On-campus interview two 30 minute interviews with engineers from a nearby site .

Received an invitation to 2nd round interview the next day. Had three 30 minute interviews engineering and HR managers and a tour of the facility. Behavioral questions in all of them and then two or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you did not meet a customer's requirements.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Paterson, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview then a two day interview process. 1st day is networking and then second consists of 3 interviews. It forces you to get out of your shell and be a social butterfly. If you get to the two day interview then the competition is very tuff. They will fly candidates out for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to motivate a group of individuals that were difficult to work with. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

PDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a web interview which then followed with a phone interview a few weeks later. After that, I did an on-site interview which involved meeting with a variety of people within the company as well as giving a presentation.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Roseland, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

They scheduled the interview to last an hour; which it did. I interview with five individuals within the department. The interviewers were courteous yet intense. Most of the interview questions were typical and a few more difficult questions to answer about the position. I got the impression that their work environment was very fast pace and stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you did not like doing in your last job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Video Interview as a phone interview then if you pass you go on-site. On-site was an hour. The video interview was very awkward as you are talking to yourself. The on-site interview was a lot of effort to get there with travel etc. but was only there for an hour. Process was very slow and dragged on.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Completed e-interview first, which only 10 minutes or so. Then had an in person interview with two employees from the department applied to plus one HR rep. It did take a pretty long time to hear back officially however I was pretty sure of the outcome upon leaving the interview anyway.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. A few specific questions regarding my experience as it would relate to the position applied for.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager - Skin Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

Process started with HireVue app interview (you have to download an app) to answer a series of 5 questions which you have 2 mins. to answer and recorded. As if it was not impersonal enough. The follow up in-person interview was set up and sent to without checking my schedule. In-person interview was unpleasant with a series of 3 interview meetings which of 2 were with a panel of people. Felt more like an interrogation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Considering you came from sales and don't have marketing experience how do you think you will be able to handle market analysis research and other marketing research activities.   Answer Question

PhD PDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Tarrytown, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 individual interviews (one of which includes a presentation of past research) and 1 one facilities tour. There is a small networking event the night before (dinner) where an employee let it slip that you were actually being evaluated at that event.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions, some questions on customer relations, some on product improvements, some on leadership, some on teamwork, conflict resolution, technical questions after presentation but not too in-depth, questions about the company's sustainability efforts, and of course your pitch on why you should be selected.   Answer Question

Sales PDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a initial phone screening, phone interview with business unit leader, and final interview was held on site at Florham Park, NJ. BASF makes the interview process very simple and are very active in communication with you while going through the process. Final interview consisted of 4 separate one on one interviews with a mixture of both HR employees and those in the sales field.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one thing most sales people do wrong?   Answer Question

Controlling PDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There was an initial HireVue Interview (basically like skype but no one is listening on the other side), followed by a phone interview. Both interviews were all behavioral and fairly simply questions.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. "How did you overcome an obstacle when you were working with a group of people", "Tell me a little about yourself", "How would you say you are at handling multiple projects at once".   Answer Question