BASF Corporation Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

I had a video interview with a panel of lawyers from BASF and then flew to NJ to have individual interviews. However, no one could clearly tell me what the job entailed and the in-person interview did not include an interview with the person who would have been my manager. When I asked to meet with the manager, the BASF team seemed put-off and confused as to why I would want to meet with additional people after an already busy day of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about work experience, day-to-day tasks and career ambitions.   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career section of their website. I received an email from an HR rep to schedule a phone screening interview. It was a lot more than what I was expecting - basically 30 min of behavior-based questions. They told me at the end of the interview that I could go on to the next stage, which is a one-way video interview using this software HireVue.

It is awkward recording yourself on a webcam, but they (HireVue) give practice questions that I highly recommend doing as it can help you get used to the system, which is important considering they only ask 5-10 questions. The questions were general questions (why BASF, why this position, etc) and questions about my experience related to the position. There may have been a behavioral question or two in there.

About 2 weeks after that, I was invited to an on-site panel interview with 5 people. I was told that the questions would be behavior-based questions, but I’d say about 40% of my questions were technical.

About a week after, I got a call offering the position. I found the HR department to be very responsive. They reimbursed me for travel expenses very quickly, which was great.

Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

The interview process was typical: phone interview with HR followed up by an extensive in-person interview. The phone interview was a standard screening with HR, which was easy. The in-person interviews were much more difficult.

In person, I had 4 interviews in one day with 8 different employees in total. Each interview was with 2 employees, engineers/scientists/directors. I did not enjoy the process, the day was pretty exhausting but the questions were standard overall.

I would have preferred to have a longer interview session with 1 group, rather than multiple, short and awkward sessions where I felt like I had to repeat myself again and again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a problem at work and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

A one on one with current manager. This was followed by a panel. Gave a presentation in the panel interview. Answered technical and scenario questions during both the one on one and after the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the difference between abc and xyz. Know your technical details for a role pertaining to it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter a week later and asked me to complete a questionnaire. She did a phone screen with a week later. I was contacted by her again after a week to come in for in-person interview (panel). I sent thank you note after the interview and followed up twice but have not heard back and it has been almost a month. If my candidacy is no longer being considered, at least have the courtesy to respond. This definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Finance Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Iselin, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process was long and there was not any communication. I applied on line and a month later I received an email for a web interview where I had to answer 7 questions. Then I had to prepare a 10 minute power point presentation for the day of the interview. On the day of the interview, they made me wait 15 minutes, I presented to a panel of 5 people who asked various questions. Most were standard questions. There was no diversity on the interview panel. I answered several questions for almost 1.5 half . They said they would get back to me in a couple weeks. They responded 5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How did you partner with the business? strengths, weaknesses, basic interview questions. why do you want to work for basf?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Florham Park, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Intense, panel, all behavioral questions. Ego driven interview questions. I like short and concise information, but thirty words are needed to fill this out, I will use thirty words to fill out this Glassdoor review.

Interview Questions

• How long have you known about BASF?   1 Answer

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was with two managers and a hr rep. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. They asked questions about my work history . They also asked about safety and if I had worked rotating shifts.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had ever saw someone do something unsafe   1 Answer

PDP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career website. On-campus interview two 30 minute interviews with engineers from a nearby site .

Received an invitation to 2nd round interview the next day. Had three 30 minute interviews engineering and HR managers and a tour of the facility. Behavioral questions in all of them and then two or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you did not meet a customer's requirements.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Corporation (Paterson, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview then a two day interview process. 1st day is networking and then second consists of 3 interviews. It forces you to get out of your shell and be a social butterfly. If you get to the two day interview then the competition is very tuff. They will fly candidates out for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to motivate a group of individuals that were difficult to work with. What was the outcome?   Answer Question