BASF Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

2.5

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview and onsite interview. Overall was a great experience and was asked about my resume and some behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the onsite interview took around an hour. I received an offer about a week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geismar, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Geismar, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online over 9 months ago, I was contacted for a phone interview 6 months ago, I was invited for an on-site interview 2 months ago and I have yet to hear back regarding feedback from my interview.

In my experience, the on-site interview was not professional. I was received by the hiring team 45min after our scheduled interview time, without any reason given.

Interview Questions

BASF Response

Oct 19, 2015 – Manager, Talent Sourcing & Employment Branding

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry you did not have a good experience, and we would like to look into this. In order for us to potentially improve the process, need a little more information. If you do not mind having a phone conversation, please email me your contact information at yana.kogan@basf.com so we can connect? Thank you again, we hope to hear from you.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Made to do an on-demand interview on the internet. Very different experience. A question would appear you had 30 seconds to think about it and the 3 minutes to answer all while being video recorded. It felt like giving a monologue. It is very different with no give and take. Also, you do not have a persons body language to feed off of. As a word of advice, practice, practice, practice! I have been told in several occasions that I am great in interviews but I felt like i bombed this one. I was told they went with another candidate. I probably would have too...

Interview Questions

• Explain what teams you have been involved in and why they were successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

My first interview was done online through HireVue.com. I was asked 5 questions and had to record a two-minute video answering that question. It gave ya a chance to practice before actually taking it. It also gave me 30 seconds to prepare after the question was presented It was pretty cool! I gave me a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself. Tell us about your previous and current work history. Tell us about a difficult project. Tell us what you are looking for. Tell us something we may have missed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF (Freeport, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was good with HR rep very easy, Hirevue was terrible and very impersonal and On-site was with several managers which was very overwhelming. The guy leading the interview had very bad people skills and made no eye contact with me whatsoever, and one of the managers even pulled their phone out. Interviewed over a month before I got any feedback, then got an automatic email response saying they went with someone else, in which I was provided no feedback or follow-up. In my opinion the whole after interview process was extremely unprofessional, great company but HR and the hiring team need to do much better.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF in May 2015.

Interview

I had a friend who was an employee at BASF, and he referred me to the company. I received an e-mail after fowarding him my resume about a phone interview. I spoke on the phone with two people, both of which were engineers. They confirmed some of the things written on my resume, and explained the job position and role.

I was super fortunate in that it was late in the semester/almost summer, so I think they were looking for someone to fill the role quickly. My interview wasn't very long (maybe 15-20 minutes), and I was notified later that day that I received the job.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BASF in April 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview, conducted to see if I would be a good fit with the teams that I would work with. It was considered a pre-screening to drop the list of possible hires down before investing in bringing the prospects down to their company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you could see room for improvement in yourself.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF in February 2011.

Interview

series of one on one interviews with basic questions. Very in depth background check and referance check. REuglar physical and drug screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

base salary was increased three times along with vacation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2017.

Interview

four rounds in total.
    the first two rounds were phone interview by HR and department manager respectively,
    the third round is an on-site interview and the final round was an interview with American headquarters.
    very nice interviewers and great experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Screen Interview by phone from HR after applied online. Then got the scheduled on-site face to face panel interview. So here the offer means the interview with the 4 site managers.