BASF Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF Group (San Leandro, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process is very straight forward, specific and fast. The queries are easy to understand. The whole process is very helpful for the applicant and to the employer. Applicant has to be honest and sincere in answering all queries to protect the interest of the employer.

MBA Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BASF Group (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

One round interview on campus. Interviewer wasn't from the hiring group so he didn't speak with much authority on the specifics of the leadership program or the potential career path upon successful completion of the program.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview set-up but more free-flowing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Resume submission in both English and Mandarin, a cover letter is needed as well.

There is an optional one-day training program where interns learn about accounting and finance with its full time employees

PDP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BASF Group.

Interview

Spoke to them at college career fair and got an interview invitation that night. The interview was the following Monday, and they got back to me within 48 hours. I had two thirty minute interviews, one with Human Resources and one with an Engineer

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an asset to our company?   1 Answer

Research Scientist III (Research Biologist/Entomo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Group (Durham, NC).

Interview

Scheduled an interview through HR via phone to meet with interview panel approximately 1.5 weeks later. 3 hours and 4 interviewers total, 45 minutes with each interviewer. Basic behavioral questions and questions relating to how work experience will apply to the position. Each interviewer reserved a few minutes for questions towards them. Informal lunch with the team followed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you suggested a change to procedure that ended favorably and a time that ended negatively.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Group (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I was contacted for a phone interview for the position of Sales Representative. After two rounds of phone interviews, I was asked to come and meet the various levels of managers I would be reporting to if offered the position. BASF paid for my travel, but were of little help in planning the travel arrangements. After the interviews I was told I would be notified about the decision as soon as it was made. I was not offered the position; an internal hire/transfer was selected instead, and it became apparent that my interviews were simply a formality and that they had no plans to consider hiring me. I was also promised recommendations from several of the managers I interviewed with for other positions within BASF, but was given no such recommendations, even after following up with them via several emails.

Interview Questions

• What out-of-the-box improvement or suggestion have you made in your current workplace to improve the business functionality or efficiency?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF Group (Southfield, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. Was interviewed by the hiring manager and lab manager. This is definitely a good segue for someone looking for a job in the chemistry field.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the NMR peak for the OH-group of methanol   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Interview

I only have the opportunity to get a phone interview. The questions were very basic, like what are your weakness? and also they make sure that you have the qualifications for their position. The HR person was nice and familiar with the resume. However, I never heard from them back.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be in front of an instrument most of the day? Why.?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BASF Group.

Interview

I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard questions