BASF Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

Resume submission in both English and Mandarin, a cover letter is needed as well.

There is an optional one-day training program where interns learn about accounting and finance with its full time employees

PDP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BASF Group.

Interview

Spoke to them at college career fair and got an interview invitation that night. The interview was the following Monday, and they got back to me within 48 hours. I had two thirty minute interviews, one with Human Resources and one with an Engineer

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an asset to our company?   1 Answer

Research Scientist III (Research Biologist/Entomo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Group (Durham, NC).

Interview

Scheduled an interview through HR via phone to meet with interview panel approximately 1.5 weeks later. 3 hours and 4 interviewers total, 45 minutes with each interviewer. Basic behavioral questions and questions relating to how work experience will apply to the position. Each interviewer reserved a few minutes for questions towards them. Informal lunch with the team followed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you suggested a change to procedure that ended favorably and a time that ended negatively.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Group (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I was contacted for a phone interview for the position of Sales Representative. After two rounds of phone interviews, I was asked to come and meet the various levels of managers I would be reporting to if offered the position. BASF paid for my travel, but were of little help in planning the travel arrangements. After the interviews I was told I would be notified about the decision as soon as it was made. I was not offered the position; an internal hire/transfer was selected instead, and it became apparent that my interviews were simply a formality and that they had no plans to consider hiring me. I was also promised recommendations from several of the managers I interviewed with for other positions within BASF, but was given no such recommendations, even after following up with them via several emails.

Interview Questions

• What out-of-the-box improvement or suggestion have you made in your current workplace to improve the business functionality or efficiency?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF Group (Southfield, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. Was interviewed by the hiring manager and lab manager. This is definitely a good segue for someone looking for a job in the chemistry field.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the NMR peak for the OH-group of methanol   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Interview

I only have the opportunity to get a phone interview. The questions were very basic, like what are your weakness? and also they make sure that you have the qualifications for their position. The HR person was nice and familiar with the resume. However, I never heard from them back.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be in front of an instrument most of the day? Why.?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BASF Group.

Interview

I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF Group (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

After meeting with someone at a career fair there was a Phone interview and site visit with several one on one interviews. They were fairly quick to respond (3 weeks). They asked mostly behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you had to work in a team/tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict/tell me about a time when you felt under prepared).

Sales Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF Group (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was Informal, friendly, and low pressure. It was a long time ago so I can't remember it very well, but I have to fill up fifty words in this box for the computer to let me press next.