BASF Lab Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

BASF Lab Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

3.1

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process was not as terrifying as I anticipated. It was a panel-style interview where they asked behavioral questions. Review the generic behavioral questions online and you will be fine

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to lead a project, describe a time you had to present an idea to a group of people and how they reacted, describe a time you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Orange, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Basic interview process:

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with Hiring Manager. I was then brought onsite for an hour interview, 3:1 panel with managers asking me different behavioral questions.

Most people were enjoyable, but the Hiring Manager struck me as odd--he asked the same questions in person as he did during the phone screen, which led me to believe they were interviewing me out of obligation, not out of genuine interest. Some questions, such as "Describe a Six-Sigma project you worked on", were asked three times. I would answer using the STAR format, even providing different examples each time, and was met with a deer-in-the-headlights look. Either they were unfamiliar with the vocabulary, or they weren't paying attention. It was difficult to not overlook the possibility that they were trying to take my examples and employ them at their facility. Who knows.

I left the interview feeling like they were trying to hire a Quality Engineer on a Lab Tech title and salary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time during which you used 'creativity' to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Interview was at least 45 minutes. Two people interviewed me. They assured me to be honest as much as possible about my past work experience . Try answering as if you are telling a story.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it
      Have you gone above and beyond the call of duty? If so, how   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Sparks, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview, then an in-person interview. Very simple questions and nothing really technical. Make sure you understand basic analytical techniques and instruments if they do happen to ask technical questions. HPLC is a big one.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with HPLC analysis, and if so can you go into detail on your experience with HPLC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyandotte, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF (Wyandotte, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview lasted for half an hour. It was my 1st interview. I was able to answer maximum questions. The interviewer seemed very experience guy from the same field he was interviewing me for.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

It is a standard panel style interview process with 2-3 members from the department for which you are interviewing and an HR representative. There were many behavioral questions about specific situations and some questions to gauge experience level and technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were disappointed because something didn't go as you expected and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Panel interview of 5 people. General mix of chemistry and science questions with questions on how I interact with people. The two group leaders asked a majority of the questions. I learned more about the job during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle working with difficult or problematic individuals? What has been my greatest achievement? Have I been in charge of a project and responsible for it's execution and completion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BASF (Southfield, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed. Was interviewed by the hiring manager and lab manager. This is definitely a good segue for someone looking for a job in the chemistry field.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the NMR peak for the OH-group of methanol   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

As contract technician, they guarantee an interview for all qualifying positions for which they are hiring for the outside. I submitted an online application, and granted a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, technician specialist (Scientist), and a representative from Human Resources, where they asked a standard set of situation questions, and one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Why do we test for emissivity for roof coatings?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I sent in my resume and less than a week later I got a call back. We arranged a time for an interview, which was going to be on a Wednesday afternoon. I took a half day vacation to interview. I got very positive feedback from both interviewers, and the one who walked me out said that "it sounds really good for me." Two weeks later, I had yet to hear back, so I called. He told me that he had selected a candidate, and that it wasn't me. He went on to say that the person chosen was already a contract employee, and they knew they were probably planning to hire him. So basically I felt misled, interviewing for a job I never really had a chance at, and getting encouraging feedback in the process.