BASF Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

3.3

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for an intial interview and then byt the hiring area, where I was interviewed by two managers and one director. The process was good and well coordinated

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

First, a HireVue preliminary interview - answer three or four timed questions via your computer (this stage might be at the discretion of the hiring manager). The in-person interview is typically with a panel / group and lasts about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions formed around six competencies, such as "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleague, and how you handled it."   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BASF in September 2018.

Interview

Applied in the beginning of September and received a call from the recruiter to schedule an interview a few days later. The recruiter was pleasant. Things seemed to match up between my experience and the job. If you notice on their job postings, many of them leave out the number of years they require from an experience standpoint, so you’re under the assumption that you are qualified. Very misleading for the candidate. Needless to say, my resume was to be forwarded to the hiring team. After countless follow ups, I kept receiving the runaround. Not sure what happened to my candidacy as I did not receive a rejection or an email response from the recruiter. Although I really wanted to work for BASF, given their hiring process, their antiquated systems, and their lack of transparency with the hiring process, I think I’ll pass.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BASF (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

A one on one with current manager. This was followed by a panel. Gave a presentation in the panel interview. Answered technical and scenario questions during both the one on one and after the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the difference between abc and xyz. Know your technical details for a role pertaining to it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took approximately 4 weeks from start to finish. I applied online and was contacted via email 2 weeks later. I did not have a phone screen, but interviewed with a panel of 4 managers. The interview lasted 1 hour and consisted of a series of approximately 30 behavior-based interview questions. The key is utilizing your experience to articulate multiple examples and showcase how you've handled situations in the past. I was contacted a week later with an offer. They have a very streamlined process for hiring and I certainly appreciate their timeliness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with diversity in the workplace, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that had a negative outcome, how did you handle it and what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF in September 2016.

Interview

process took about 2 months. Had a site interview after a phone screen. Interview was situational based. The questions come from an interviewing package provided by corporate HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard from recruiter a week later, skipped the phone screening and went straight to the the panel of 4 interview (which I thought was both efficient and odd). Was asked roughly 20-30 generic behavior based questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Many multiple part questions --- Ex: Describe a time when... How did ____, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

They utilize a very clear, concise planning, interviewing and selection procedures. If you are selected as an candidate then you are in serious consideration for the opening or position. If you interview please bring your "A" game. We only want the best of the best!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ensure to have your figures identified before interviewing. This is to ensure to expedite the selection and hiring policies.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview is ok but the hiring process time is very slow and HR failed to update the candidate on the interview which I feel it is very unprofessional and contradicting with what they mentioned or practice on their corporate website.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 Directors and the HR Manager. Process is mainly headed by one of the active Directors who posed very real life scenario questions. I would rate it as a challenging Interview as questions are probed one after another.
    Everyone, including the receptionist portray skills of professionalism. I am impressed!