BASF Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Research Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

3.1

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Phone interview for entry level research scientist position with HR department of BASF Recruiting Europe. Very professional and friendly. Information was communicated well ahead of the interview and communication channels were effective by email prior.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

The interview process in divided in two steps. If someone is selected after the first screening, he/she will be contacted by the people of HR in order to schedule one phone inteview. They will send the information to the manager, who, could decide to schedule a new phone interview or directly invite the applicant to a one-day personal interview.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, the interviewer asked some questions like:
      Can you tell me a little about yourself? What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from the HR. Very polite. We started with some words about the area where the job was and whether I would be willing to move there. Then there were questions about the company and why I chose it and why I chose this position. We went through my CV. Why did I study that, why did I do the next step there, and so on. Questions about my social skills when working in a group. Very friendly and professional.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

The application was for a position on their subsidiary startup trinamix GmbH. The whole interview process was well-organized and professionally handled. The only drawback was that there were too many interviews, 4 sets of interviews at different dates. It started with a phone interview with the hr recruiter. Then another phone interview with a technical person. Then an interview day where 12 people interview you two at a time and on top of that you have to give a presentation of past research work plus a research proposal on the job position you are applying for. So that entailed that I had to go over hundreds of pages of their patents. Then another interview day with 4 more people.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 2 million euros to do any research you want, what would it be?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

telephone interview done by Berlin HR office, mainly about personalities and commitment. feeling strange that they asked repeatedly if I want to go to their China R&D even though this job being applied is a Germany-based. but in general the process went very well and very relax and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work in China if there is a suitable position for you there?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

at first is a phone interview, the procedure is very mild and comfortable. The HR is too nice and pro. this is just the first interview of the whole recruitment so we will see

Research Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF in February 2012.

Interview

apply online firstly, then I was invited for a onsite interview day. It starts from 9:30 am and finished at 4:00 pm. I have met 8 people totally including one big manager and several group leaders and two people have work there for only 3 years. During lunch, you are also interviewed by people eating with you.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between the research in the lab and company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the innovation of your previous work.   Answer Question