BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.9

Business Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harris Acres, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Harris Acres, PA).

Interview

Recruiter emailed and never followed up when I tried to contact him 3 times . Finally connected and said he was busy. When scheduling time for interview he said his schedule was open.. 2 minutes previously he said how busy he was . Interview was scripted and he lacked experience and finesse. Never heard back and a month plus later received a denial email for the job but a different location . 🙁

Private Search Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. We had a phone conversation that went well from my perspective. Recruiter asked me to forward resume and said he'd talk to the hiring manager and incumbent and get back to me. That was 5 weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since. I followed up with an email to make sure he got my resume and to check in and got no response on that either.

I'd be totally fine if they simply told me I wasn't what they were looking for but since they reached out to me I thought it a bit unprofessional to not even tell me that or acknowledge my resume.

Interview Questions

• Typical background questions   1 Answer

Branch Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy going, maybe six questions asked in total, mostly situational questions. Two managers were present during an interview , each manager asked number of questions. After about fifteen minutes, they give me an opportunity to discuss whatever questions I had for them. I learned that they provide two weeks training, including one week of hands on training.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about your professional qualifications that can help you on this job?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Rediculously long wait to be seen. Completely unprepared to meet with me.
    Only reason I was seen in the time I was is due to the fact that the 3 interviews ahead of me finally got tired of waiting and left.

Interview Questions

• What job did you apply for?   1 Answer

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in December 2016.

Interview

I received an invite to interview on campus for this position via my college email. After working a long shift the same night that I had received the interview invitation, I awoke the next morning and tried to schedule an interview and realized that all the interview slots were full. I was disappointed about this and managed to receive an offer for a phone interview a couple months later.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you showed leadership?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time where you showed customer service skills?   Answer Question

Community Branch Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was a phone interview which went over my resume and my qualifications. Where I saw myself in the future and what I wanted for my future. Now I patiently wait for my second interview with the bank location I requested. It was nice talking to a person who is trying to fit the right person with the right job.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to college and what did you major in?   Answer Question

Community Banking Branch Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview which lasted about 15-20 minutes where she gauged if I would be a good fit with the company and to see if my personality and skills would be good for the position. In addition we discussed possible compensation and she let me know she would talk to the branch manager in order to set up an interview. I got a phone call and a date was set to meet with the Branch Manager and the recruiter said she would email me. I never got the email and I had to confirm with her the a few days before that the interview would take place. and that she would email me which she didn't do once again. Arrived at the branch and met with branch manager who went over basic interview questions and who placed heavy emphasis on the sales part of the job and discussed what he was looking for in an employee. Interview lasted about 45-60 minutes. Branch manager then said he would get back to me in 2-3 weeks which is a long time to make a decision. Check in two weeks after interview on their website and the status had been changed to candidate withdrew which I never did.

The over all process was very unorganized and outdated for what seems to be a top bank very poor communication between HR and on-site management team and poor communication to potential talent. To me this is a very good indicator of how communication is with BB&T and a major red flag as to how they operate and communicate with team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer and how you dealt with them if they where upset.   Answer Question

Information Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online after being contacted by a recruiter. The end of November I was contacted to schedule a phone interview for the following week. I was told the position had been undergoing some changes in management and they finally had the issue corrected.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was basically more information about the position and then they asked me to tell them about my experience and asked if I had any questions. I was then told that they liked my skillset and would like to set up an in person interview the following week. The recruiter would be in touch. Fast forward a week later, I never heard back from the recruiter and the online status changed to "Not selected." There does not appear to be an efficient streamlined process in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and asked why did I apply for the position and to to describe a time when I helped a disgruntled customer and the outcome. The phone interview went well and an interview was set up with the manager. He was unprofessional and really didn't know a lot about the position. He gave me his business card and said if I had any other questions to call him, I did call about 2 weeks later and his voicemail greeting was an out of office message from 2015...

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Was contacted by HR twice. He asked few questions and was supposed to inquire something from organization and get back.
    He never got back to me on both the occasion.I found it annoying. I have interviewed with most of the major companies but never had such an experience with any HR.
    I will refrain from interacting with such companies ever.