BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

1st round - phone call w/ recruiter (easy intro stuff)
    2nd round - phone call with someone on team (still pretty shallow, easy-going)
    Final round - superday in Winston-Salem. Consists of a couple behavioral interviews, a written case study, an interview where you present the case study, a panel, and lunch. After all that, instead of letting you go home, they make you sit and listen through a 40-minute presentation about how great their culture is.

Interview Questions

• Why BB&T? What makes you a good fit? Walk through you resume - what experiences would help you here? Generic stuff.   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

I Went through two phone interviews. First one is from HR, and 2nd one is from a manager. HR is nice, but not the manager. Questions asked are not so tricky.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email and then went in for an interview and then the next day they called me and I went in for the second interview. 2 days later I received an email that I got the job

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Phone screening interview with a senior recruiter followed by a personality assessment. Then a super day type interview with behavioral interviewing and a case study writing piece. Relatively easy, nothing too intimidating. Ended up getting offers weeks later but I declined for another opportunity with a position in a more desirable location and bigger company. Overall neutral experience, wasn't impressed with the recruiter as she was lazy about contact.

Community Branch Banker IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Really easy interview process, it took a week or two for them to call me but once they called me, they moved fairly quickly. Got a call directly from the Branch Manager; Went in for the interview and he asked me a couple of basic questions, then that same day he set me up for a interview with the District Manager, Once I interviewed with her a couple of days later I then got a follow up email a few days after that presenting a offer. Then I dealt with the recruiter from there on out. They do credit checks and background checks, but dont freak out. I didn't have perfect credit and still got the job. But if they notice something they will ask you about it.. Just be honest.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about yourself, tell me about you.   1 Answer

Business Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harris Acres, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Harris Acres, PA).

Interview

Recruiter emailed and never followed up when I tried to contact him 3 times . Finally connected and said he was busy. When scheduling time for interview he said his schedule was open.. 2 minutes previously he said how busy he was . Interview was scripted and he lacked experience and finesse. Never heard back and a month plus later received a denial email for the job but a different location . 🙁

Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter was pleasant. When the actual interview with the branch manager and regional was taken place, it felt as if I was having a conversation and not as an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick, what are your three strongest qualities?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. At the end of the call they set up a face to face with a market leader (branch manager). Then you may or may not have a final interview with a cluster market leader (regional manager). Took about 3 weeks from first contact to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you anticipated a customer's needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer was more than I was expecting.

Private Search Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. We had a phone conversation that went well from my perspective. Recruiter asked me to forward resume and said he'd talk to the hiring manager and incumbent and get back to me. That was 5 weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since. I followed up with an email to make sure he got my resume and to check in and got no response on that either.

I'd be totally fine if they simply told me I wasn't what they were looking for but since they reached out to me I thought it a bit unprofessional to not even tell me that or acknowledge my resume.

Interview Questions

• Typical background questions   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. If you get selected, the next interview will be in person in Winston. The interview is solely from a script of questions that are mostly personality based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with adversity and how you adapted to it   Answer Question