BB&T Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

1st round - phone call w/ recruiter (easy intro stuff)
    2nd round - phone call with someone on team (still pretty shallow, easy-going)
    Final round - superday in Winston-Salem. Consists of a couple behavioral interviews, a written case study, an interview where you present the case study, a panel, and lunch. After all that, instead of letting you go home, they make you sit and listen through a 40-minute presentation about how great their culture is.

Interview Questions

• Why BB&T? What makes you a good fit? Walk through you resume - what experiences would help you here? Generic stuff.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Phone screening interview with a senior recruiter followed by a personality assessment. Then a super day type interview with behavioral interviewing and a case study writing piece. Relatively easy, nothing too intimidating. Ended up getting offers weeks later but I declined for another opportunity with a position in a more desirable location and bigger company. Overall neutral experience, wasn't impressed with the recruiter as she was lazy about contact.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. If you get selected, the next interview will be in person in Winston. The interview is solely from a script of questions that are mostly personality based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with adversity and how you adapted to it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on grounds and it was strictly behavioral with two questions about the financial industry and one about the company specifically. The day before the interview I was sent a link to complete some personality assessments and those were long and really asked you personal things and interests. I was very honest and was invited to the second round a little more than a week later. The second round takes place in Winston-Salem and they will most likely work with you to arrange travel transportation and reimbursement. This interview process was composed of an introduction of what BB&T is and its culture, followed by a round of behavioral interviews and a written case assignment that you then explain to a second interviewer. It is not hard, but you have to know enough of the company so you can apply their strategy and mindset into the response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a leadership position that required a lot of work and attention to detail and how did you managed to succeed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T in September 2014.

Interview

Several Initial emails before the actual interview including information on courses taken in undergrad and transcripts as well. Interview was with two BB&T attorneys and the VP for the program.

Interview Questions

• On a scale between deliberation and action where do you stand and why?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied through my recruitment website at college. The interview was 45 minutes long and was strictly behavioral questions. The recruiter was friendly and very genuine. The culture of the company seemed like a great place to work for, and the training program in NC is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a leadership task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied on-campus, heard back with-in a week for an on-campus interview

Interview Questions

• Laid back interview with mostly behavioral questions, was asked to next round but declined because of other opporttunities.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting site. The first round was on campus. It was a very straightforward behavioral interview. Was invited for final rounds in Winston-Salem. There was an essay, behavioral interview, and case. They really dig in to make sure you'll be a good fit at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my college campus, and had a short one on one behavioral interview. It was pretty straight forward with a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. The best advice I can give is to be confident. I was then asked to take a thorough personality test. Still currently in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

BB&T Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BB&T in September 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a recruiter, followed by a formal phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to complete an online personality/IQ test. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What caused the 2008 financial crisis?
      What does leadership mean to you?   Answer Question