BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.7

Risk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BB&T in July 2015.

Interview

Total process took months. Received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. Interviewer was very rude and unprofessional. She admitted she knew nothing about the job and was unable to answer basic questions about the job. She asked no questions related to the job and didn't seem to care about finding the most qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you previous jobs? (Which was really the only question asked)   Answer Question

Web Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
    Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
    Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
    This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Questions

• In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Florence, SC).

Interview

Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Relationship Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Charleston, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

About two weeks after filling out the application, I was called for the interview. It was a very tough interview. While the man was very pleasant, I could tell it would be extremely difficult to impress him. I didn't think the interview went horribly but I also didn't leave with the feeling that I was likely to get the job. Sure enough, a week later, I got the rejection letter. This position was a bit more involved than a regular teller and I really think they were looking for someone with banking experience even though they don't say that in the job posting

Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T (Athens, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

They missed my interview time! They said they wold call to reschedule never called

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Socastee, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Socastee, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

about 45 minutes long and comfortable. Questions were asked that were typical to any other banking experience, but seeing that I had many years of banking behind me I suppose that would have been expected.

Interview Questions

• If you could have a super power what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BB&T (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview is in depth and very good information is shared. The interviewer shared a great deal of information about the company. You interview generally with an employee that likely was in your role. Also the interviewer is likely to be the person that you would be reporting to or reporting to someone at the same level in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time that you were told no by a customer and how you were able to overcome it.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

short in person with a call back 2 day interview. Involves a dinner and an over night stay in a hotel. You are watched the whole time. Be honest with all of your answers, you will be tested

Branch Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different managers, some at other branches and some with other supervisors in attendance. Very relational and informal interview situation, but the questions asked were very pointed and not the normal questions most employers would ask.

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

They recruited on campus, doing a basic interview asking personality and technical questions. I was called the next day to be invited to a superday in their Richmond office. The superday consisted of 9 rounds of interviews, moving from room to room, each room had a prepared financial topic. The enviorment is very tense and it is a male dominated field. They are heavy on the technicals

Interview Questions

• They asked us to fill out an income and balance sheet, going line by line and calculating some ratios and then provide a high level over view of the company?   Answer Question
    • How would value a company? Walk me through a DCF.   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question