BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

Business Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harris Acres, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Harris Acres, PA).

Interview

Recruiter emailed and never followed up when I tried to contact him 3 times . Finally connected and said he was busy. When scheduling time for interview he said his schedule was open.. 2 minutes previously he said how busy he was . Interview was scripted and he lacked experience and finesse. Never heard back and a month plus later received a denial email for the job but a different location . 🙁

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. At the end of the call they set up a face to face with a market leader (branch manager). Then you may or may not have a final interview with a cluster market leader (regional manager). Took about 3 weeks from first contact to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you anticipated a customer's needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer was more than I was expecting.

Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter was pleasant. When the actual interview with the branch manager and regional was taken place, it felt as if I was having a conversation and not as an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick, what are your three strongest qualities?   Answer Question

Private Search Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn. We had a phone conversation that went well from my perspective. Recruiter asked me to forward resume and said he'd talk to the hiring manager and incumbent and get back to me. That was 5 weeks ago and it's been crickets ever since. I followed up with an email to make sure he got my resume and to check in and got no response on that either.

I'd be totally fine if they simply told me I wasn't what they were looking for but since they reached out to me I thought it a bit unprofessional to not even tell me that or acknowledge my resume.

Interview Questions

• Typical background questions   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. If you get selected, the next interview will be in person in Winston. The interview is solely from a script of questions that are mostly personality based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with adversity and how you adapted to it   Answer Question

Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position on a Friday, and received a call to come in for an interview that following Tuesday. I met with the Supervisor and the Branch Manager. After that interview I received a call to meet with the district manager. I received a call a couple hrs later with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a client had a problem that you had to solve?
      Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback, and how you responded to it?   Answer Question

.NETDeveloper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

it was good,it is more about mvc,security,c#,sql and two factor authentication and they asked me how to consume wcf and what are the types of bindings we have,what are the known type attributes in wcf and what are the different security features in mvc and error handling in mvc

Branch Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy going, maybe six questions asked in total, mostly situational questions. Two managers were present during an interview , each manager asked number of questions. After about fifteen minutes, they give me an opportunity to discuss whatever questions I had for them. I learned that they provide two weeks training, including one week of hands on training.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about your professional qualifications that can help you on this job?   Answer Question

Zero Hour Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BB&T (Port Charlotte, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer provided well thought out, insightful questions, listened carefully to responses and represented her company's culture well. The interview was complex but relaxed and the interviewer stayed away from vapid questions such as, "why should we hire you?"

Interview Questions

• Can you remember an example of how your having been faced with competing deadlines? Can you give me one example of a success and one example of what you learned about yourself when you missed a deadline.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

The interview was a very comfortable experience and I was challenged on different elements by the interviewer but I believe she did a quality job. I believe that the bank does a strong job of taking their employees roles and adjustments into consideration and I would recommend to anybody interviewing to stay relaxed, composed, and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and needed to correct the mistake.   Answer Question