BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

Teller Interview

Interview

The interview was a very comfortable experience and I was challenged on different elements by the interviewer but I believe she did a quality job. I believe that the bank does a strong job of taking their employees roles and adjustments into consideration and I would recommend to anybody interviewing to stay relaxed, composed, and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and needed to correct the mistake.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BB&T (Fayetteville, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a branch manager who told me they were hiring while I was at Target for a seasonal position. I applied & waited. A little after New Years the branch manager emailed me for my resume to send to her boss. A few weeks later I got called for the interview. All in all it took about 6 weeks for me to hear back. I got the job on the spot. Very professional. Clean and straightforward with what she expected from me. The pay was not discussed nor my schedule. I had to wait for the area manager to give me a call which seemed like it took forever but it was exactly a week after I interviewed. Told me about my pay & to go to my candidate portal to sign official offer letter & background check authorization. I haven't been advised about a drug test but I have to do my fingerprinting tomorrow. She told me after my background check clears thats when I'll receive a call about my schedule. Very nice people. I was in the right place at the right time for this perfect job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where things were spiraling out of control but you did something to turn it around for the better?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BB&T in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviews with mostly all behavioral questions and a few banking specific questions. One personality exam after the first interview. All of the employees that I spoke with were extremely friendly and made the process seem more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is your biggest strength?   1 Answer

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had to describe previous roles, explain future expectations and goals. Explain why I left the previous company. Discuss specific examples of my role, how I would interact with clients and other employees. Was interviewed by manager and next level manager

Personal Banker Interview

Interview

Rediculously long wait to be seen. Completely unprepared to meet with me.
    Only reason I was seen in the time I was is due to the fact that the 3 interviews ahead of me finally got tired of waiting and left.

Interview Questions

• What job did you apply for?   1 Answer

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in December 2016.

Interview

I received an invite to interview on campus for this position via my college email. After working a long shift the same night that I had received the interview invitation, I awoke the next morning and tried to schedule an interview and realized that all the interview slots were full. I was disappointed about this and managed to receive an offer for a phone interview a couple months later.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you showed leadership?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time where you showed customer service skills?   Answer Question

Community Branch Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was a phone interview which went over my resume and my qualifications. Where I saw myself in the future and what I wanted for my future. Now I patiently wait for my second interview with the bank location I requested. It was nice talking to a person who is trying to fit the right person with the right job.

Community Banking Branch Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview which lasted about 15-20 minutes where she gauged if I would be a good fit with the company and to see if my personality and skills would be good for the position. In addition we discussed possible compensation and she let me know she would talk to the branch manager in order to set up an interview. I got a phone call and a date was set to meet with the Branch Manager and the recruiter said she would email me. I never got the email and I had to confirm with her the a few days before that the interview would take place. and that she would email me which she didn't do once again. Arrived at the branch and met with branch manager who went over basic interview questions and who placed heavy emphasis on the sales part of the job and discussed what he was looking for in an employee. Interview lasted about 45-60 minutes. Branch manager then said he would get back to me in 2-3 weeks which is a long time to make a decision. Check in two weeks after interview on their website and the status had been changed to candidate withdrew which I never did.

The over all process was very unorganized and outdated for what seems to be a top bank very poor communication between HR and on-site management team and poor communication to potential talent. To me this is a very good indicator of how communication is with BB&T and a major red flag as to how they operate and communicate with team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer and how you dealt with them if they where upset.   Answer Question

Information Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online after being contacted by a recruiter. The end of November I was contacted to schedule a phone interview for the following week. I was told the position had been undergoing some changes in management and they finally had the issue corrected.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was basically more information about the position and then they asked me to tell them about my experience and asked if I had any questions. I was then told that they liked my skillset and would like to set up an in person interview the following week. The recruiter would be in touch. Fast forward a week later, I never heard back from the recruiter and the online status changed to "Not selected." There does not appear to be an efficient streamlined process in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and asked why did I apply for the position and to to describe a time when I helped a disgruntled customer and the outcome. The phone interview went well and an interview was set up with the manager. He was unprofessional and really didn't know a lot about the position. He gave me his business card and said if I had any other questions to call him, I did call about 2 weeks later and his voicemail greeting was an out of office message from 2015...