BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.7

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Relaxing and standard interview format. Interviewed with two manager. Both are they very nice and I felt very comfortable. I had to make a phone interview and then I had the Internet person interview

Community Banking Branch Banker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was an easy interview with the branch manager. I was not asked by one question and he walked me through the whole process and the goals they expected the person to take the position to accomplish and the amazing benefits they offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Professional. I was recommended for the job by a current executive at BB&T, and I applied through Glassdoor. I received a call from a BB&T recruiter who was professional and who gave me a brief pre-screening interview: verifying where I live, asking if I have a current job offer from another employer, asking if running my current business would be a conflict with a job at BB&T (I told her no because I am not marketing my current business in favor of getting a job), asking about how long a commute would be for me, etc. Then, she said she would set up an interview for me with a hiring manager.

I was interviewed by two managers, one a department manager, and the other a Senior IT Project Manager. The latter interviewed me first. He told me about what he would include in the interview. He told me about BB&T the company and about the Project Management Office and its relation to the rest of the company. His information was helpful. Then, he asked me good questions, such as "Tell me about a project you managed that failed"; "What is the largest project you managed"; "What type of work environment do you prefer?"; "What type of management style do you prefer in your manager?". He asked if I had questions and my reply was: "What concerns do you have in hiring me?" He replied that the only concern he had was my lack of structured project management experience. I asked if that concern could be assuaged. He replied positively and he told me how it could work.

Then I was interviewed by the department manager. She said I would have to convince her that my lack of structured project management experience would not be a major obstacle in hiring me. I did not do a good enough job in responding (I would do a better job now!) because I was not hired. In addition, she asked what I would do if I were given a project in trouble. She focused on my direct experience in managing recent projects, not my supervising others who managed projects. She did not appear to value anything other that directly comparable experience to her existing project managers, so I did not describe my most recent experience of starting two businesses. My direct project management experience in a bank was too old for her, and she was not interested in my experience in managing people who conducted projects.

Both interviews were conducted professionally. I was not asked anything other than that concerning my qualifications. The department manager was aggressive and that was OK with me. I have had other stress interviews. I do think her strict focus on direct comparable experience was short-sighted and thus limiting to her and to me. I have a vast amount of project management experience in various environments, I learn quickly, and I have a Professional Project Management (PMP) credential. That was not enough for her, and I respect her right to hire whomever she pleases. The hiring manager concluded the interview by asking how much salary I would expect for a junior position, so I suspected that she would at least consider me for a junior job.

I was disappointed that the hiring manager thought she would be interviewing for a Senior IT Project Manager, not an IT Project Manager. There was miscommunication within BB&T. I had applied for both the senior job and the junior job. The hiring manager was good enough to conduct the interview even when she realized when talking to her earlier interviewer that I did not have the experience required for the senior job. The hiring manager had been interviewing for several weeks for both jobs, but perhaps the hiring manager had a good idea of whom she wanted to hire for the junior position before she interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were told to take over a project that was failing?   1 Answer
    • What was the largest project you managed?   1 Answer
    • What type of management style do you look for in your manager?   1 Answer

Branch Banker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BB&T (Montgomery, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

STAR process. The Situation, Task, Answer, & Results Interview process was done. How well did you handle yourself in a given situation and how what was the results. Two people interviewed me. They wrote down several responses on paper as I was telling it to them. They made me feel really comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work in banking?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Phone interview with Temp agency, then one phone interview with BBT...One in person interview with team
    Interviews were basic, personality screen, experience, etc.
    The interview process in order to obtain phone and in person interview was longer than expected. The results of background and drug screen took an additional 10 days.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to speak up and contribute information, even if it may not be popular or widely accepted in the group.   1 Answer

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager and two supervisors. The interview wasn't a hassle at all to me. It was straight to the point. They asked the questions that were relative to the job I applied for like any company would.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with my previous job. Wanting to know more of what I did.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Pretty easy, behavioral and tech questions with one surprise question. Wouldn't sweat this, if you've applied for a Gov job this is like cake-walk lol. The main thing is look professional. Don't focus on the depressed people you see in the office.

Interview Questions

• How many basketballs can fit in this room?   1 Answer

ML Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, with lots of situational questions. He also took about half the time to explain the job to me in more detail. I was then invited for a in person interview with 3 people. I interviewed with them one at a time - the first was typical interview questions, second was slightly more technical questions, and the third was mainly telling me about the job. It was very laid-back and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What character trait would you like to work on in the next few years?   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Charleston, WV) in June 2016.

Interview

They ask you questions about tell me a time when, and they ask questions about your resume to make sure that you know what your talking about and did not just put something down for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to do something you knew was wrong but had too   Answer Question

Lending Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

The interview was very friendly but also very detailed, concentrating on my past career information. I was asked numerous questions about handling different situations and tasks. I liked that I also received detailed information about the department responsibilities and expectations, and was encouraged to interview them as well. BB&T is a very well balanced company and I'm sure it would be a great experience to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled difficult situation, upset customer?   1 Answer