BB&T Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BB&T Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

Phone screening interview with a senior recruiter followed by a personality assessment. Then a super day type interview with behavioral interviewing and a case study writing piece. Relatively easy, nothing too intimidating. Ended up getting offers weeks later but I declined for another opportunity with a position in a more desirable location and bigger company. Overall neutral experience, wasn't impressed with the recruiter as she was lazy about contact.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on grounds and it was strictly behavioral with two questions about the financial industry and one about the company specifically. The day before the interview I was sent a link to complete some personality assessments and those were long and really asked you personal things and interests. I was very honest and was invited to the second round a little more than a week later. The second round takes place in Winston-Salem and they will most likely work with you to arrange travel transportation and reimbursement. This interview process was composed of an introduction of what BB&T is and its culture, followed by a round of behavioral interviews and a written case assignment that you then explain to a second interviewer. It is not hard, but you have to know enough of the company so you can apply their strategy and mindset into the response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a leadership position that required a lot of work and attention to detail and how did you managed to succeed?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied through my recruitment website at college. The interview was 45 minutes long and was strictly behavioral questions. The recruiter was friendly and very genuine. The culture of the company seemed like a great place to work for, and the training program in NC is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a leadership task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied on-campus, heard back with-in a week for an on-campus interview

Interview Questions

• Laid back interview with mostly behavioral questions, was asked to next round but declined because of other opporttunities.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting site. The first round was on campus. It was a very straightforward behavioral interview. Was invited for final rounds in Winston-Salem. There was an essay, behavioral interview, and case. They really dig in to make sure you'll be a good fit at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my college campus, and had a short one on one behavioral interview. It was pretty straight forward with a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. The best advice I can give is to be confident. I was then asked to take a thorough personality test. Still currently in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It wasn't a hard interview so just be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Two-day interview process. Started with a broad explanation about the program on day one. The second day consisted in three interviews. Beginning with a persuasion exercise in the first interview. Then an essay exercise, and finally an interview designed to find how suitable the individual is to the job. In general, I can say that BB&T is driven by its values and mission, being that with what the candidate must be in total harmony to be considered. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you made somebody change his or her opinion about something? and how?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince somebody to not terminate his or her relationship with our bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

First round interview was all behavioral. Pretty basic question: What caused the recession, who's at fault for the housing collapse.

Took caliper assessment online as next step.

Then was invited to Winston-Salem for two day process. On second day had behavioral interview, case study, persuasion interview, and a written assessment. None of the questions were bad, case study was on buying a new regional bank. Written was why banks are important.

Interview Questions

Not from the south and did not want to move there for that long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

There were a few behavioral interview questions and the standard going over the resume. Why are you the best candidate for this program? What was the cause of the financial crisis? Those were two you should expect to answer. Overall, it felt pretty laid back. If you have prepared for behavioral interview questions, there shouldn't be any surprises.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe was the biggest cause of the financial crisis?   1 Answer