BB&T Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BB&T Relationship Banker Interview Questions

2.8

Relationship Banker Interview

Interview

A lot of questions about sales skills, your daily routine, maintaining a quality pipeline etc. Be prepared to answer questions about your business building skills. Can you think outside the box etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Easy Interview. Passed with flying colors.

Interview Questions

• If you had a client that was upset, how would you deal with him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T (Sunrise, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house at BB&T. The open house was in a conference room. I signed in and waited for my turn to be interviewed. I interviewed with a branch manager. He wasn't very interested in my background. He was more interested in my answers to his questions. One question the branch manager used was "How did you deal with an angry customer?"

Interview Questions

• I've never worked in a retail bank. So I was not prepared to "put on my magic hat" and role play as a Relationship Banker.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Short phone interview with the Recruiter. Panel interview with market leaders. "Informal" interview with Branch Manager

Interview Questions

• Unexpected - Tell me about your managers in the past. What do you think makes a manager good or bad.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Port Orange, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Casual and very conversational. I stopped into the branch to drop off my resume in person after I applied online. The manager took that opportunity to interview me on the spot, which was unexpected, but nice.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave____ bank and come to BB&T?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. The time from my first interview to date of hire was only 1 week. Everyone I met with was exceptional. Easy to talk to and they all made me feel comfortable immediately. Very informative. I liked that they were upfront and honest about the challenges of this position. I had two interviews. A lot of tell me about a time phrased questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were asked to bend or break company rules. What was the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was given a fair and generous offer.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a couple weeks. I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview at the branch. The questions were straightforward and focused on customer service. The interview was very short--about fifteen minutes. The interviewer followed a written list of questions and didn't have many follow up questions. They let me know via email that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions

• A customer who is new in town comes to the bank and wants to open a checking account. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Durham, NC).

Interview

Behavioral interview focused on client interactions and customer service. Asked about history of company and 3-5-10 yr goals. Discussed further training and next steps. Did not go into sales experience or conduct a role-play; these are both things that I engage in as a hiring manager now.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to break the rules to make a client happy.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Interview

I interviewed with two branch managers (FCL) first. Next it was with the Sales and Service leader (DM) after taking an online evaluation. It was pretty straight forward. Many branch positions have a preselected candidate that is going to be hired after interviews are conducted. It would benefit candidates to try and network with the manager with the actual opening, so you can stand out in a crowd.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff. Nothing I hadn't heard dozens of times before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given an offer based on my experience and was told by my future boss that it was pretty much a take it or leave it offer.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

To me, it was a pretty normal, structured interview. Of course there was the regular questions like "where would you like to be in five years", but other than that nothing abnormal. Years of interviewing at other financial institutions prepared me well for this interview. All I had to do was tell them what they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with women? That is all we have at this branch.   1 Answer