BB&T Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BB&T Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.5

Teller Interview

Interview

The interview was a very comfortable experience and I was challenged on different elements by the interviewer but I believe she did a quality job. I believe that the bank does a strong job of taking their employees roles and adjustments into consideration and I would recommend to anybody interviewing to stay relaxed, composed, and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and needed to correct the mistake.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Woodbridge, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through indeed.com, got a call about an interview about a week later, talked to the manager and teller supervisor, got my fingerprints done and background check took about a week, 2 weeks later I was informed I had gotten the job.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied online and was required to take a teller simulation. Upon completion and results I was then contacted for an interview at the beach with the manager. I also interviewed with 2 other managers for 2 different locations. After the I person interview I was told I would be contacted the following week. A week past and wasn't contacted so I emailed for a follow up but nothing was replied. 2 more weeks passed and I was contacted by HR stating I received a job offer. Upon completion of a back ground check I was contacted to set up a start date for training

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Previous work experience with cash, customer service and sales. Why you want to work for the company and what you can do for the company   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered much more than I have expected

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in October 2015.

Interview

After completing hour long teller simulation I was emailed to set up a phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. I was called the next day for an in person interview which lasted an hour and was with 2 managers. It was so comfortable, like I already worked there. A lot of customer service based questions. I was nervous for nothing. Still waiting to get a call back. Will update!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BB&T (Greenville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Had to apply online and get approved by a recruiter. I called the branch I was applying for so they would look for my name and request for me to have an interview. I had a short phone interview and then two more person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for a bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Mount Dora, FL).

Interview

Interview was easy like talking to a friend. Manager was very friendly. Made some incorrect assumptions at first interview which needed to be corrected later on in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult situation you encountered with another co-worker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. Not too hard. Typical interview questions. It took way too long for them to come to a decision. It does not take 8 weeks to hire someone. I am very disappointed in the speed of this process, especially since I was told I would have an answer within a couple of weeks. My recruiter never answers her phone and neither does the teller supervisor or the branch manager. If you wanted to say that I didn't get the job, don't make up excuses like you are interviewing more people or that the substitute recruiter is overwhelmed. The professional way would to just say "We have found someone else that has met our credentials". This is horrible interview etiquette , I am very disappointed and will not be applying for them in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Hammonton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Hammonton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

First applyed, then got conntacted by Market Leader, we scheduled an interview. When I arrived there, we talked she asked me several of questions that she was unsure about, as i answered she was inpressed.

Interview Questions

• I see on your resume it says you recieved a reward for shift manager of the year, tell me a little bit about that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, MD

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BB&T (Fort Washington, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was super fast. Questions are mostly experience related. If you have been a bank teller before the interview questions will be easier to answer. They ask a lot of situational questions once they know you've been a teller before.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would handle an irate client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (West Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief (10 min) phone interview with territory hr manager. 30+ minute in person interview with head of tellers at branch and hr person. A teller proficiency online test is required prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What work experience have you gotten that involves selling or could relate to the customer service role of a teller? Q: How does your skill set relate to being a teller? Q: Why do you want to work for BB&T?   Answer Question