BB&T Interview Questions in Winston-Salem, NC | Glassdoor

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

1st round - phone call w/ recruiter (easy intro stuff)
    2nd round - phone call with someone on team (still pretty shallow, easy-going)
    Final round - superday in Winston-Salem. Consists of a couple behavioral interviews, a written case study, an interview where you present the case study, a panel, and lunch. After all that, instead of letting you go home, they make you sit and listen through a 40-minute presentation about how great their culture is.

Interview Questions

• Why BB&T? What makes you a good fit? Walk through you resume - what experiences would help you here? Generic stuff.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. If you get selected, the next interview will be in person in Winston. The interview is solely from a script of questions that are mostly personality based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with adversity and how you adapted to it   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied directly on company website, submitted cover letter and resume, interviewed personally with department director. Instructions to building & in to office were left out of provided information. I wore a suit but could have worn regular business attire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existent. No negotiations

Model Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I met all team members and talk about my master study and past experience. The asked general questions about why I hope to join the bank and the team. Everyone I met was very friendly and nice.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call right away to schedule a phone interview with one of the Executive Consultants. Then had a one-hour interview with three of the team members the following week, and later had another one-hour interview with a Department VP. All in all, the process from apply to job offer was about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake I'd made on a previous job. What did I learn from the mistake and how did I change my process for that task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was too happy to have gotten on with a company like BB&T, with such a stellar performance.

BB&T Model Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

There are 2 rounds. First is just with HR, and the second is with 4 people in the risk department. It lasts about 1 hour. Mainly about details in my CV. What I did in the research experience, how to test the model, and the coding skills.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2-4 weeks. First, an on campus interview with mostly behavior questions. Second interview was at corporate in NC. Went into more details. Third interview revolves around a case and a meeting with managers.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview with HR specialist. They fly you out to Winston-Salem. You have 2 interviews back to back with random departments within BB&T. You have a very simple case to do and explain during 1 of these 2 interviews. You also have a paper writing assignment to do... (silly and very informal way of doing a writing sample with no guidance). They also try to sell you the position because BB&T pays less than industry average and try to say how they are so different and offer 500 stock options that aren't worth much. And they claim about their exceptional health benefits.. Fishy people.

Collateral Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a basic question and answer style. The interview was a two part interview. At the second round, you meet senior management. Then, a manager calls to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience? Do you get bored easy? Are you able to sit and work independent?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiation.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by a final round at their headquarters. This was for the leadership development program. Final round entailed a dinner event the night preceding the actual interview. Interview included several one-on-ones and a mini case interview. Not as difficult as a consulting case interview, much more open ended.

Interview Questions

• Mini Case interview regarding their expansion into Texas   Answer Question