BBC Assistant Producer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBC (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied for a job at the new offices in Manchester (MediaCityUK) but was interviewed in London before the move. I got my interview by applying through the special BBC North jobs website, selecting "Content-Making" as my sphere, ticking various skills boxes and submitting my CV.

I was then required to pass an online test which took an accurately-predicted two hours - if you do this make sure you're free from any distractions and have headphones! It took a month to process before I was eligible to have my CV submitted for new jobs, so watch out for that and be prepared to chase the North Jobs team.

I didn't hear back for a while, but chased them up occasionally and kept sending updated CVs. When I was selected for interview I was asked to book a slot through the North Jobs portal, which was convenient, then had a short skills test (showing I could crop images, subedit copy etc - the job is with a website) and then met the panel - three people. They took it in turns to ask questions from a pre-formatted sheet, and seemed very polite and encouraging.

Overall it was a very positive interview experience - as it always is at the BBC.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've worked with a difficult person/situation   1 Answer
  • Describe how you'd run a project from beginning to end.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary but to a very slight degree - budgets appear to be extremely tight. To be honest if you're applying to work at the BBC merely for a high wage then you're looking in the wrong place.