BBC Senior Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BBC

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BBC.

Interview

Started off with scheduled phone interview where manager rescheduled appointment less than 30 minutes prior to call. On day of interview, no show on call. 1 hour later I get email to reschedule for same day 2 hours later. FOUR hours later I get email to reschedule to following day. Call rescheduled and with 5 minutes to go an email pings with a casual "sorry will be 15." Call happens ONE hour later. Lasts an hour....

In-person interview scheduled. I am sitting in a lobby with no attendant. I email HR and no response. I ask a random man coming out of bathroom to help me locate the person I have appointment with. He figures out how to use the empty reception desk after a few fumbles. Then I am shuttled by him to the next floor. Strangely HR takes through a tour of the newly renovated section of offices they work. I later learn it is not where position I'm applying for would work. When I do get taken to the dept I am interviewing in, it is dark, dank, depressing and sad. True to form of how phone times were scheduled, the in-person interview matched the nature of the manager-- distracted, scatter-brained, unprofessional and disorganized.

Surprisingly advanced to next round by being asked to do an "assignment" aka free work. Never hear feedback but requested in again for another in-person interview with senior team. The boss made no eye contact and fumbled around unable to answer simple questions about size of teams or upcoming project outlook.

Interview Questions

• Asked a question that I took time to answer already in the assignment (which was critiquing previous work done by dept). This showed me no one went over my assignment nor read any of it.   1 Answer

Consistent display of unprofessionalism and amateur behavior. Confirmed the negative reviews.